configure cannot parse python 2.3 version number

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
boeser.wolff
Hunter
Hunter

configure cannot parse python 2.3 version number

Post by boeser.wolff »

checking for python... ./configure: line 6640: test: 23+: integer expression expected
configure: error: *** Python version 2.2 or later not found!

----
a solution would be to simply remove the '+', but that wouldnt get the minor version....
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Re: configure cannot parse python 2.3 version number

Post by pontiac »

boeser.wolff wrote:checking for python... ./configure: line 6640: test: 23+: integer expression expected
configure: error: *** Python version 2.2 or later not found!

----
a solution would be to simply remove the '+', but that wouldnt get the minor version....

Do you have both python packages installed (python + python-dev)?
It was the problem when i tried to compile VS under debian.
See here.

Pontiac
boeser.wolff
Hunter
Hunter

Post by boeser.wolff »

yes, python and python-dev are installed
the problem is that these debian packages provide python versions with a '+' at the end (e.g. 2.3+)

--- if test `echo ${PYTHON_VERSION} | sed -e 's/\./ /g; s/[a-z|A-Z]/ /g' | awk '{print $1$2}'` -ge 22;
+++ if test `echo ${PYTHON_VERSION} | sed -e 's/\./ /g; s/[a-z|A-Z|+]/ /g' | awk '{print $1$2}'` -ge 22;

will parse that correctly

still trying to figure out why python is still not found....
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

boeser.wolff wrote:yes, python and python-dev are installed
the problem is that these debian packages provide python versions with a '+' at the end (e.g. 2.3+)

--- if test `echo ${PYTHON_VERSION} | sed -e 's/\./ /g; s/[a-z|A-Z]/ /g' | awk '{print $1$2}'` -ge 22;
+++ if test `echo ${PYTHON_VERSION} | sed -e 's/\./ /g; s/[a-z|A-Z|+]/ /g' | awk '{print $1$2}'` -ge 22;

will parse that correctly

still trying to figure out why python is still not found....
Oh, that's one odd thing.

Sorry, can't give you a better thing to try:
Maybe just install python 2.2 (or a phyton version without the "+" ;-)) as a workaround.

Pontiac
boeser.wolff
Hunter
Hunter

Post by boeser.wolff »

:twisted: got it!

--- PYTHON_SHORT=`echo ${PYTHON_VERSION} | sed -e 's/\./ /g; s/[a-z|A-Z]//g' | awk '{print $1"."$2}'`
+++ PYTHON_SHORT=`echo ${PYTHON_VERSION} | sed -e 's/\./ /g; s/[a-z|A-Z|+]//g' | awk '{print $1"."$2}'`

but not sure if the effect is just result of this or <this>+<last post> someone please check that :)
pontiac
Elite
Elite

Post by pontiac »

boeser.wolff wrote::twisted: got it!

--- PYTHON_SHORT=`echo ${PYTHON_VERSION} | sed -e 's/\./ /g; s/[a-z|A-Z]//g' | awk '{print $1"."$2}'`
+++ PYTHON_SHORT=`echo ${PYTHON_VERSION} | sed -e 's/\./ /g; s/[a-z|A-Z|+]//g' | awk '{print $1"."$2}'`

but not sure if the effect is just result of this or <this>+<last post> someone please check that :)
It seams that ace123 has fixed the problem:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/view ... nfigure.in
+ diff

Pontiac
boeser.wolff
Hunter
Hunter

Post by boeser.wolff »

oh, thats too bad :)

im wondering why i always get outdated sources.... this seems fixed since 20030807
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

anonymous checkout CVS is updated over 24 hours after normal CVS Is--I hate it...makes it impossible to stay in sync unless you're actually one of the devels on the named checkout list
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
pontiac
Elite
Elite

Post by pontiac »

@boeser.wolff:
When was your last checkout?

The fix has been checked in on 2003.08.07.
So there are may be few days between.
If so the fix hasn't any affect on boeser.wolff's problem.

Pontiac
boeser.wolff
Hunter
Hunter

Post by boeser.wolff »

my last checkout/update was yesterday, to be precise, im doing one right now :)

i would still like it to see nice cvs-snapshot-tarballs/etc or/and patches to the source i could download...
pontiac
Elite
Elite

Post by pontiac »

boeser.wolff wrote:my last checkout/update was yesterday, to be precise, im doing one right now :)

i would still like it to see nice cvs-snapshot-tarballs/etc or/and patches to the source i could download...
FULL ACK

Does SF offer such a service? I think I read something, but I'm not sure.

Pontiac