Building in XCode

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Building in XCode

Post by bgaskey »

is it possible to build with xcode in mac instead of using a terminal. I was just curious because there is a project builder file (which is not maintained) but it should still be possible( :?: ). Hope one of the devs with a mac can answer this question.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

I that that XCode file is probably 5-10 years old (probably around from the days of OSX 10.1), so I don't think it will work anymore.

However, if you can get XCode to use a Autoconf/automake/Makefile system then that will work.

anyway to configure for mac, look at vegastrike/intel-mac-conf.sh
You will also need a lot of development libraries installed (you should install Fink or Darwinports for this).
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Got most of it and it seems to build. I'm still working on it. There seems to be an SDL conflict somehow...I have like 4 of them installed so... :? Thats too bad...xcode would have made my life easier. maybe I'll try to revive it.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Are you getting some error with "libGL.so"?
If this is after the ./configure process, try building just vegastrike (run "make vegastrike").
Otherwise, I'm not sure--try doing a "--with-sdl-prefix"
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Tried pointing sdl to all different places, but it only works with the fink one (not the mac framework) and it segfaults after a few seconds with 'SDL parachute deployed' :? No seg's tho with sdl disabled so I'm on that stage now. Load time is 9+ minutes, which is really annoying for debugging... so it may be a problem with loading dds textures in software. mac's driver support seems not so good sometimes :?