glxext.h problem (config.log included)

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
Smoke

glxext.h problem (config.log included)

Post by Smoke »

If I get this one solved, I should be able to compile the rest :)

During compilation of src/gldrv/gl_init.cpp, I get an implicit declaration error for function glXGetProcAddressARB(...), even though this is defined in my Mesa GL header files: GL/glxext.h. (Note: not glext.h, as in another thread in this forum.) I managed to convince it to compile anyway by copying the declaration for the function from the header file directly into gl_init.cpp, but during the final linking of vegastrike I get unresolved references to the same function (again, despite the correct libGL.so, which I verified does contain the function, being linked in!).

I even upgraded to the most recent Mesa to see if that was the problem, but I'm still getting the same error. So.... does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Or perhaps an idea why the function is not being found? Here's my config.log in case it helps:

Hmm... well, apparently sourceforge's forum can't handle that big a post. If you'd like me to email the config.log instead, please post your address (it's 116kB).

Thanks&B*B,
-Smoke.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

See the other thread.

The glext.h headers screwed up somehow, so not everything got defined.

I hope this helps :)
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

But this function is defined in glxext.h, not glext.h, so I don't think the two problems have the same fix. Or am I missing something?

Thanks*B&B,
-Smoke.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Sorry about that. :oops:

I had just literally finished answerring the other post and then thought that this one was a duplicate error.

I now just read the post and noticed it was a different error.

Hmm i searched and found something on google that had an ifdef about the GLX version and rmoved the ARB in one of them

could you try replacing glXGetProcAddressARB in gldrv/gl_init.cpp with glXGetProcAddress?

Maybe it will work now?
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

That did it! Thanks!

B*B,
-Smoke.

Post by Guest »

I just had to do the same thing to get it to compile. Could this fix possibly be put near the top of the FAQ or something?

Post by Guest »

OK, I am EXTREMELY stupid. Please, someone save me my anonymous embarresment and delete that post or something.