compilling svn 11942

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
Gaskonijn
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

compilling svn 11942

Post by Gaskonijn »

when i run make i get the following error:

Code: Select all

src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp: In function ‘bool AUDLoadSoundFile(const char*, AUDSoundProperties*, bool)’:
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:448: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:447: error: forward declaration of ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:466: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:447: error: forward declaration of ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:467: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:479: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:480: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:481: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:483: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:494: error: ‘ConvertFormat’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: ‘ALbyte’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: ‘blutLoadWAVMemory’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:507: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:510: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp: In function ‘int AUDBufferSound(const AUDSoundProperties*, bool)’:
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:515: error: ‘ALuint’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:515: error: expected `;' before ‘wavbuf’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:516: error: ‘wavbuf’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:516: error: ‘alGenBuffers’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:517: error: ‘alGetError’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:518: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:447: error: forward declaration of ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:518: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:447: error: forward declaration of ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:518: error: ‘alBufferData’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:519: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:519: error: ‘LoadSound’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [src/aldrv/al_sound.o] Fout 1
make[1]: Map '/usr/games/vegastrike/vegastrike' wordt verlaten
make: *** [all] Fout 2
anyone an idea what this could be? :oops:
safemode
Developer
Developer

Post by safemode »

you're missing the dev pkg for openAL
Ed Sweetman endorses this message.
Gaskonijn
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Gaskonijn »

Yes that one is fixed. now i get the following error

Code: Select all

display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x387): undefined reference to `dialog_vars'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x3a3): undefined reference to `dialog_state'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x3b0): undefined reference to `dialog_vars'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x3b5): undefined reference to `dialog_vars'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x3be): undefined reference to `dialog_state'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x3c7): undefined reference to `dialog_vars'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x3cd): undefined reference to `dialog_vars'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x3d7): undefined reference to `dialog_vars'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x3e6): undefined reference to `dialog_vars'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x3ec): undefined reference to `dialog_vars'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x3f5): undefined reference to `dlg_put_backtitle'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x451): undefined reference to `dialog_menu'
setup/src/include/vssetup-display_dialog.o: In function `ShowSubMenu(char**, char*, char*, char const*)':
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x492): undefined reference to `dialog_vars'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x4ae): undefined reference to `dialog_state'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x4bb): undefined reference to `dialog_vars'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x4c0): undefined reference to `dialog_vars'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x4c9): undefined reference to `dialog_state'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x4d2): undefined reference to `dialog_vars'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x4da): undefined reference to `dialog_vars'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x4e0): undefined reference to `dialog_vars'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x533): undefined reference to `dlg_put_backtitle'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0x58c): undefined reference to `dialog_menu'
setup/src/include/vssetup-display_dialog.o: In function `ShowMain()':
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0xa88): undefined reference to `dlg_clear'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0xa93): undefined reference to `dlg_killall_bg'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0xa98): undefined reference to `end_dialog'
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0xadd): undefined reference to `dlg_exit'
setup/src/include/vssetup-display_dialog.o: In function `InitGraphics(int*, char***)':
display_dialog.cpp:(.text+0xb03): undefined reference to `init_dialog'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [vssetup] Fout 1
make[1]: Map '/usr/games/vegastrike/vegastrike' wordt verlaten
make: *** [all] Fout 2

bear with me i feel i'm almost there :D
safemode
Developer
Developer

Post by safemode »

make distclean. reconfigure. rebuild
if you still get that error, post the build command line

basically you're not linking against something, and if you continued your build without make clean, after reconfiguring when you installed openAL, your build may be in an undefined state.

I'm at work or i'd grep for where those functions are defined and what object they'd be found in and why the g++ line doesn't link it in.
Ed Sweetman endorses this message.
Culture20
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Culture20 »

Also, for future reference, the _first_ error in the list is the one you want to tackle, as there is often a cascade effect during compiling (not so sure about linking). So, when posting errors, scroll up until you get to the first error message.
Gaskonijn
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Gaskonijn »

I got it working. Thanks for all the help guys.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Hey,

As a courtesy to other forum users (and to developers like me) could you please post what you did to fix it, even if it was something as simple as doing a "make clean"?
Gaskonijn
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Gaskonijn »

i first installed the missing packet. Then got the other error, witch would go away with a make distclean. Then i reconfigured and did make again and i was flying 8)