SVN on an Intel Mac (and How to for Others)

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
daveesq
Explorer
Explorer

SVN on an Intel Mac (and How to for Others)

Post by daveesq »

Hello all, I'm trying to accomplish two things here. First, I'm attempting to get SVN VS running on my 10.4.11 MacBook Pro. Second, I'd like to make a definitive Wiki page on how to do it.

I'll start with what I have: A copy of the VS-0.4.3 bundle. MacPorts installed to the /usr/local tree. XCode 2.4.1. An SVN-updated tree of both the vegastrike and data4.x directories. I've used MacPorts to install the following (most of which are dependencies): apr, apr-util, db44, expat, gawk, gettext, jpeg, libiconv, libogg, libpng, libsdl, libvorbis, ncurses, ncursesw, neon, openal, openssl, pkgconfig, python25, readline, sqlite3, subversion, and zlib.

Following the instructions at http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... ile_on_OSX hasn't gotten me very far. Namely, the first real instruction on the page - "./bootstrap-sh" gives me this:

Code: Select all

VegaStrike Configuration Preparation Tool
  Maintained by Brian A. Lloyd
  (balloyd1@users.sourceforge.net)
Please send bug reports or comments about this script
to the email above or else visit
vegastrike.sourceforge.net for help in using this script

The recommended way to change the behaviour of this script
is to modify the path so that the version of automake or
autoconf you want to use is found first.
Alternately, you can explicitly specify the program to be
used for each in the following variables.
$ACLOCAL, $AUTOMAKE, $AUTOCONF, $AUTOHEADER
and extra arguments/include paths in these variables:
$ACLOCALFLAGS, $AUTOMAKEFLAGS, $AUTOCONFFLAGS, $AUTOHEADERFLAGS
For proper functionality, both aclocal and automake must be the
same version, and autoconf and autoheader should be the same version.

Running aclocal
Running autoheader
Running autoconf
Running automake
Makefile.am:530: noinst_LIBRARIES was already defined in condition TRUE, which implies condition BOOSTSYSTEM_FALSE

noinst_LIBRARIES (User, where = Makefile.am:530) +=
  {
    TRUE => \
  libnetlowlevel.a

}
Makefile.am:748: vegastrike_LDADD was already defined in condition TRUE, which implies condition BOOSTSYSTEM_FALSE

vegastrike_LDADD (User, where = Makefile.am:748) +=
  {
    TRUE => $(noinst_LIBRARIES)
  }
Makefile.am:748: vegastrike_LDADD was already defined in condition TRUE, which implies condition BOOSTSYSTEM_TRUE

vegastrike_LDADD (User, where = Makefile.am:748) +=
  {
    BOOSTSYSTEM_FALSE => \
    -lz  

}
Makefile.am:760: vegaserver_LDADD was already defined in condition TRUE, which implies condition BOOSTSYSTEM_FALSE

vegaserver_LDADD (User, where = Makefile.am:760) +=
  {
  }
Makefile.am:760: vegaserver_LDADD was already defined in condition TRUE, which implies condition BOOSTSYSTEM_TRUE

vegaserver_LDADD (User, where = Makefile.am:760) +=
  {
    BOOSTSYSTEM_FALSE => \
    -lz  

}
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/bin/automake line 8459.
Use of uninitialized value in list assignment at /usr/bin/automake line 8448.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/automake line 8449.
: warning: automake does not support vegaserver_LDADD being defined conditionally
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/automake line 8449.
: warning: automake does not support vegaserver_LDADD being defined conditionally
: warning: automake does not support vegastrike_LDADD being defined conditionally
: warning: automake does not support vegastrike_LDADD being defined conditionally
An error occurred while running the autotools.  Please correct.
Not the best way to start. Any ideas as to how to get over this initial hump? I'd love to be able to put together some definitive directions on the topic (anything in the name of VS and Mac!).

Thanks,
David
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

This is something we just changed to support the new Opcode collider we are adding... so it hasn't been tested yet on 10.4 (or on windows for that matter)

Concatenating strings seems to be something too complicated for automake to grasp... or rather, automake over-complicates things too much.

Can you please post the output of "automake --version" That way I can test with a similar version of automake and figure out this error.

I am not getting this on Mac OSX 10.5 or on my linux machine.

The only alternative I can see to concatenating strings is the way things used to be done before we added another option, which is to explicitly write out all 2^n possibilities for each place options are used. But this quickly becomes unmaintainable.
daveesq
Explorer
Explorer

Post by daveesq »

The automake output is as follows:

automake (GNU automake) 1.6.3
Written by Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>.

Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Sinthramyr
Merchant
Merchant

packages...

Post by Sinthramyr »

Is there a definitive list of all the packages required to compile on OS X somewhere? I don't even have some of the stuff being listed in this thread but I'm able to compile vegastrike on my box in less than 7 minutes. Vssetup is another story tho...
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 180 GB HDD, 256 MB Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, OS X 10.5.x Leopard
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Okay lots of people have 10.6 insallled... I have that on my linux install. So I'll work on getting it to compile.

As to a definitive list of software, I believe this is all:
libjpeg, libpng, glut, opengl, sdl, openal, vorbis, ogg, python, gtk, expat
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

It should be fixed now.
Try updating and tell me how it goes.
daveesq
Explorer
Explorer

Post by daveesq »

ace123 wrote:It should be fixed now.
Try updating and tell me how it goes.
Works like a charm! Now it's as easy as "./bootstrap-sh && source intel-mac-conf.sh && make vegastrike"
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

How did you have to modify intel-mac-conf to find the libraries you needed?

The included one is specific to one computer
daveesq
Explorer
Explorer

Post by daveesq »

ace123 wrote:How did you have to modify intel-mac-conf to find the libraries you needed?

Well, as I installed everything via Macports, it was all in my Macports tree (for me, "/usr/local"). So I just pointed everything to /usr/local/lib, /usr/local/include, /usr/local/lib/python25, and /usr/local/include/python25.

When I get home, I'll post the contents of the actual file in this thread.
Sinthramyr
Merchant
Merchant

How about vssetup?

Post by Sinthramyr »

Have you had any luck with make vssetup? And how is the binary running on your Mac? Any performance issues?

Speaking of which I believe that the new collider code has improved the performance on my box. I am now getting between 50-70 fps consistently and umm, colliding into objects... :twisted:
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 180 GB HDD, 256 MB Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, OS X 10.5.x Leopard
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Speaking of which I believe that the new collider code has improved the performance on my box. I am now getting between 50-70 fps consistently and umm, colliding into objects... Twisted Evil
_
Sweet. I'll try it this weekend. maybe i can play some hardcore multiplayer now w/o lag! :D
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

For VSSetup, there are two versions: one with GTK and a Terminal version.

GTK one is much harder to set up and it requres X11 on the Mac.
To install the Dialog version, first update Vegastrike to at least 11841
Rerun "./bootstrap-sh" since that has changed.

First you have to download libdialog here:
http://www.invisible-island.net/dialog/
Extract the compressed files, and navigate to it in the Terminal.
Run "./configure"
Run "make"

Now, go back to your vegastrike install, and add two options to your ./configure line:

--with-dialog-libs=/Users/patrick/dialog-1.0-2007/ --with-dialog-inc=/Users/patrick/dialog-1.0-2007/

When done, you should see
checking for GTK2... no
checking for gtk-config... no
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.
checking for libdialog and libncurses... yes
checking dialog.h usability... yes
checking dialog.h presence... yes
checking for dialog.h... yes
Using console interface for the setup utility.
The message "Using console interface for the setup utility" means that vssetup will be compiled as a textual application.

This probably ought to be added to a wiki at some point.
Sinthramyr
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sinthramyr »

ace123 wrote: First you have to download libdialog here:
http://www.invisible-island.net/dialog/
Extract the compressed files, and navigate to it in the Terminal.
Run "./configure"
Run "make"
For some reason I could not do this at all. At first "make" without any arguments failed, then I tried "make dialog" and got this:

Lumino:dialog Creator$ make dialog
cc   -dylib_file
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1: argument to '-Zdylib_file' is missing
make: *** [dialog] Error 1
Is there a way to do this via fink? I did a list and found this package - is it the same thing and if so, how do I use it instead?

Lumino:vegastrike Creator$ fink list dialog
Information about 2600 packages read in 1 seconds.
 i   dialog                   0.9b-20020814-102  Displays dialog boxes from shell scripts
Lumino:vegastrike Creator$ 
daveesq
Explorer
Explorer

Post by daveesq »

daveesq wrote:
ace123 wrote:How did you have to modify intel-mac-conf to find the libraries you needed?

Well, as I installed everything via Macports, it was all in my Macports tree (for me, "/usr/local"). So I just pointed everything to /usr/local/lib, /usr/local/include, /usr/local/lib/python25, and /usr/local/include/python25.

When I get home, I'll post the contents of the actual file in this thread.
Without further ado, here are the contents of my intel-mac-conf.sh:

./configure   LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib --with-expat-libs=/usr/local/lib --with-expat-inc=/usr/local/include/ --with-png-libs=/usr/local/lib --with-png-inc=/usr/local/include/ --with-jpeg-inc=/usr/local/include --with-jpeg-libs=/usr/local/lib --with-ogg-inc=/usr/local/include --with-ogg-libs=/usr/local/lib --with-vorbis-inc=/usr/local/include --with-vorbis-libs=/usr/local/lib --with-sdl-prefix=/usr/local/ --with-sdl-exec-prefix=/usr/local/ --with-python-inc=/usr/local/include/python2.5 --with-python-libs=/usr/local/lib/python2.5 --enable-macosx-bundle $*
Again, I just installed everything listed in the original post via Macports, but my Macports root is /usr/local. Also, I had to modify configure.ac to point to the universal SDKs. I think that a "sed -i 's/MacOSX[.0-9]*sdk/MacOSX\.10\.4u\.sdk/' configure.ac" should work (though, that's off the top of my head).

Hope this helps others.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Sinthramyr wrote:For some reason I could not do this at all. At first "make" without any arguments failed, then I tried "make dialog" and got this:

Lumino:dialog Creator$ make dialog
cc   -dylib_file
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1: argument to '-Zdylib_file' is missing
make: *** [dialog] Error 1
After you run ./configure, could you attach the config.log in the dialog directory?

Also, what version of OSX is this? I had no problems in 10.5, and I am almost completely certain that 10.4 has the same compiler.

Can you run a "export LDFLAGS=''" before it in case there are some LD Flags that are carrying over into the configure script.
Is there a way to do this via fink? I did a list and found this package - is it the same thing and if so, how do I use it instead?
It is indeed the same package, but the version in Fink is broken :-( It doesn't install the actual library or header file... if you can figure out how to go manually into Fink's build directory and copy the "libdialog.a" and "dialog.h" then that would work. So it is still possible, but you might have to search around on the disk.
Sinthramyr
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sinthramyr »

I managed to get it compiled and ran the following configure:

./configure LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib --with-gl-libs=/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries --with-gl-inc=/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Headers --with-glu-libs=/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries --with-glut-inc=/System/Library/Frameworks/GLUT.framework/Versions/A/Headers --with-python-libs=/sw/lib/Python2.5/config --with-expat-libs=/sw/lib --with-expat-inc=/sw/include --with-ogg-inc=/sw/include --with-sdl-prefix=/sw/ --with-sdl-exec-prefix=/sw/ --with-ogg-libs=/sw/lib --with-png-libs=/sw/lib --with-png-inc=/sw/include/libpng12 --with-jpeg-libs=/sw/lib --with-jpeg-inc=/sw/include --with-vorbis-libs=/sw/lib --with-vorbis-inc=/sw/include --with-python-inc=/sw/include/Python2.5 --with-dialog-libs=/Users/Creator/VegaStrike/dialog-1.0.20071028/ --with-dialog-inc=/Users/Creator/VegaStrike/dialog-1.0.20071028/ --enable-macosx-bundle $* > ~/Desktop/configure_leopard.txt 2>&1
But I keep getting this:

checking for GTK2... yes
-n Using GTK version 
and nothing about the dialog. Still getting the same error on my make vssetup.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Did you rerun "./bootstrap-sh" before that configure?

That "-n" worries me.
Could you post the "config.log" file that should be in the same directory.

If you can't figure it out, you can use "--diable-gtk" which means "Don't even try to use GTK" so it should go directly to using the console version.
Sinthramyr
Merchant
Merchant

hmm

Post by Sinthramyr »

ace123 wrote:Did you rerun "./bootstrap-sh" before that configure?

That "-n" worries me.
Could you post the "config.log" file that should be in the same directory.

If you can't figure it out, you can use "--diable-gtk" which means "Don't even try to use GTK" so it should go directly to using the console version.
I added --disable-gtk and did all you said including bootstrap, etc. but I still get the -n and still using GTK2. Here is the config.log.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

I don't see a "--disable-gtk" anywhere in the log you posted. Are you sure you spelled it right (I forgot an 's' in my post)?

Can you type in:
pkg-config --exists --print-errors "gtk+-2.0" ; echo $?
and paste what that command outputs?

If you do disable GTK it shouldn't even mention "checking for GTK"-- so there must have been a typo/
Sinthramyr
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sinthramyr »

ace123 wrote:I don't see a "--disable-gtk" anywhere in the log you posted. Are you sure you spelled it right (I forgot an 's' in my post)?

Can you type in:
pkg-config --exists --print-errors "gtk+-2.0" ; echo $?
and paste what that command outputs?

If you do disable GTK it shouldn't even mention "checking for GTK"-- so there must have been a typo/
The only output i seem to get is a zero "0".

You were right, I changed the typo on disable and no more gtk in my configure. Now am getting an entirely different error in make vssetup:

Lumino:vegastrike Creator$ make vssetup
g++  -DOPCODE_COLLIDER -I./src/cmd/collide2  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -DHAVE_PYTHON=1 -I/sw/include/Python2.5  -pipe   -I/sw/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT   -o vssetup  setup/src/c/vssetup-setup.o setup/src/include/vssetup-central.o setup/src/include/vssetup-display_gtk.o setup/src/include/vssetup-display_dialog.o setup/src/include/vssetup-file.o setup/src/include/vssetup-general.o src/common/vssetup-common.o  -L/sw/lib -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg   -F/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks  -framework OpenGL -framework GLUT -framework CoreAudio -lobjc -L/sw/lib/Python2.5/config  -L/sw/lib -lSDLmain -lSDL -Wl,-framework,Cocoa  -framework GLUT -L/sw/lib -lexpat -L/sw/lib -lpng -L/sw/lib -ljpeg  -framework OpenAL -L/sw/lib -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg  -L/usr/lib -lpython2.5 -lpthread 
Undefined symbols:
  "_gtk_option_menu_get_type", referenced from:
      ShowMain()    in vssetup-display_gtk.o
  "_gtk_init", referenced from:
      InitGraphics(int*, char***)in vssetup-display_gtk.o
  "_gtk_menu_shell_append", referenced from:
      AddCats(_GtkWidget*, char*, char*)in vssetup-display_gtk.o
  "_gtk_signal_connect_full", referenced from:
  "_gtk_object_get_type", referenced from:
  "_gtk_container_add", referenced from:
  "_gtk_container_set_border_width", referenced from:
  "_gtk_main", referenced from:
  "_gtk_container_get_type", referenced from:
  "_gtk_option_menu_set_history", referenced from:
  "_gtk_option_menu_set_menu", referenced from:
  "_gtk_widget_realize", referenced from:
  "_gtk_menu_get_type", referenced from:
  "_gtk_hbox_new", referenced from:
  "_gtk_window_set_default_size", referenced from:
  "_gtk_widget_show", referenced from:
  "_gtk_window_get_type", referenced from:
  "_gtk_window_set_title", referenced from:
  "_gtk_label_new", referenced from:
  "_gtk_vbox_new", referenced from:
  "_gtk_exit", referenced from:
      myexit(int) in vssetup-display_gtk.o
      _gtk_exit$non_lazy_ptr in vssetup-display_gtk.o
  "_g_type_check_instance_cast", referenced from:
  "_gtk_button_new_with_label", referenced from:
  "_gtk_option_menu_new", referenced from:
  "_gtk_menu_new", referenced from:
  "_gtk_menu_item_new_with_label", referenced from:
  "_gtk_window_new", referenced from:
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [vssetup] Error 1
It seems that configure may not be picking up my dialog arguments? Here is my entire intel-mac-conf.sh now:

./configure LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib --with-gl-libs=/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries --with-gl-inc=/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Headers --with-glu-libs=/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries --with-glut-inc=/System/Library/Frameworks/GLUT.framework/Versions/A/Headers --with-python-libs=/sw/lib/Python2.5/config --with-expat-libs=/sw/lib --with-expat-inc=/sw/include --with-ogg-inc=/sw/include --with-sdl-prefix=/sw/ --with-sdl-exec-prefix=/sw/ --with-ogg-libs=/sw/lib --with-png-libs=/sw/lib --with-png-inc=/sw/include/libpng12 --with-jpeg-libs=/sw/lib --with-jpeg-inc=/sw/include --with-vorbis-libs=/sw/lib --with-vorbis-inc=/sw/include --with-python-inc=/sw/include/Python2.5 --with-dialog-libs=/Users/Creator/VegaStrike/dialog-1.0.20071028/ --with-dialog-inc=/Users/Creator/VegaStrike/dialog-1.0.20071028/ --disable-gtk --enable-macosx-bundle $*
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

All the errors seem to be happening in the object file setup/src/include/vssetup-display_gtk.o. I think it might be out of date.
Could you remove that file, then rerun "make" and post any errors?
Sinthramyr
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sinthramyr »

ace123 wrote:All the errors seem to be happening in the object file setup/src/include/vssetup-display_gtk.o. I think it might be out of date.
Could you remove that file, then rerun "make" and post any errors?
Removed file and now am getting this:

if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -I./boost/1_33  -Wno-long-double -I/sw/include  -DWITH_MACOSX_BUNDLE=1 -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DSDL_WINDOWING=1  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -I/System/Library/Frameworks/GLUT.framework/Versions/A/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include/libpng12 -I/sw/include -DJPEG_SUPPORT -DHAVE_AL=1 -I/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -DHAVE_OGG   -I/usr/include/python2.5 -DHAVE_PYTHON=1    -I./src   -DOPCODE_COLLIDER -I./src/cmd/collide2  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -DHAVE_PYTHON=1 -I/sw/include/Python2.5  -pipe   -I/sw/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -MT setup/src/include/vssetup-display_gtk.o -MD -MP -MF "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-display_gtk.Tpo" -c -o setup/src/include/vssetup-display_gtk.o `test -f 'setup/src/include/display_gtk.cpp' || echo './'`setup/src/include/display_gtk.cpp; \
	then mv -f "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-display_gtk.Tpo" "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-display_gtk.Po"; else rm -f "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-display_gtk.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
g++  -DOPCODE_COLLIDER -I./src/cmd/collide2  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -DHAVE_PYTHON=1 -I/sw/include/Python2.5  -pipe   -I/sw/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT   -o vssetup  setup/src/c/vssetup-setup.o setup/src/include/vssetup-central.o setup/src/include/vssetup-display_gtk.o setup/src/include/vssetup-display_dialog.o setup/src/include/vssetup-file.o setup/src/include/vssetup-general.o src/common/vssetup-common.o  -L/sw/lib -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg   -F/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks  -framework OpenGL -framework GLUT -framework CoreAudio -lobjc -L/sw/lib/Python2.5/config  -L/sw/lib -lSDLmain -lSDL -Wl,-framework,Cocoa  -framework GLUT -L/sw/lib -lexpat -L/sw/lib -lpng -L/sw/lib -ljpeg  -framework OpenAL -L/sw/lib -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg  -L/usr/lib -lpython2.5 -lpthread 
Undefined symbols:
  "ShowMain()", referenced from:
      Start(int*, char***)in vssetup-central.o
  "InitGraphics(int*, char***)", referenced from:
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Do the same to setup/src/include/vssetup-display_dialog.o and then you should be set.

Not sure why it didn't figure out to recompile those two files on its own... usually it is pretty smart about that.
Sinthramyr
Merchant
Merchant

Closer but not quite

Post by Sinthramyr »

ace123 wrote:Do the same to setup/src/include/vssetup-display_dialog.o and then you should be set.

Not sure why it didn't figure out to recompile those two files on its own... usually it is pretty smart about that.
OK I removed these files again and ran ./bootstrap-sh, source intel-mac-conf.sh, make clean for good measure and then make vssetup. This time I got more configure lines but still an 1 exit error:

if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -I./boost/1_33  -Wno-long-double -I/sw/include  -DWITH_MACOSX_BUNDLE=1 -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DSDL_WINDOWING=1  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -I/System/Library/Frameworks/GLUT.framework/Versions/A/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include/libpng12 -I/sw/include -DJPEG_SUPPORT -DHAVE_AL=1 -I/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -DHAVE_OGG   -I/usr/include/python2.5 -DHAVE_PYTHON=1    -I./src   -DOPCODE_COLLIDER -I./src/cmd/collide2  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -DHAVE_PYTHON=1 -I/sw/include/Python2.5  -pipe   -I/sw/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -MT setup/src/c/vssetup-setup.o -MD -MP -MF "setup/src/c/.deps/vssetup-setup.Tpo" -c -o setup/src/c/vssetup-setup.o `test -f 'setup/src/c/setup.cpp' || echo './'`setup/src/c/setup.cpp; \
	then mv -f "setup/src/c/.deps/vssetup-setup.Tpo" "setup/src/c/.deps/vssetup-setup.Po"; else rm -f "setup/src/c/.deps/vssetup-setup.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -I./boost/1_33  -Wno-long-double -I/sw/include  -DWITH_MACOSX_BUNDLE=1 -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DSDL_WINDOWING=1  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -I/System/Library/Frameworks/GLUT.framework/Versions/A/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include/libpng12 -I/sw/include -DJPEG_SUPPORT -DHAVE_AL=1 -I/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -DHAVE_OGG   -I/usr/include/python2.5 -DHAVE_PYTHON=1    -I./src   -DOPCODE_COLLIDER -I./src/cmd/collide2  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -DHAVE_PYTHON=1 -I/sw/include/Python2.5  -pipe   -I/sw/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -MT setup/src/include/vssetup-central.o -MD -MP -MF "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-central.Tpo" -c -o setup/src/include/vssetup-central.o `test -f 'setup/src/include/central.cpp' || echo './'`setup/src/include/central.cpp; \
	then mv -f "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-central.Tpo" "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-central.Po"; else rm -f "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-central.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -I./boost/1_33  -Wno-long-double -I/sw/include  -DWITH_MACOSX_BUNDLE=1 -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DSDL_WINDOWING=1  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -I/System/Library/Frameworks/GLUT.framework/Versions/A/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include/libpng12 -I/sw/include -DJPEG_SUPPORT -DHAVE_AL=1 -I/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -DHAVE_OGG   -I/usr/include/python2.5 -DHAVE_PYTHON=1    -I./src   -DOPCODE_COLLIDER -I./src/cmd/collide2  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -DHAVE_PYTHON=1 -I/sw/include/Python2.5  -pipe   -I/sw/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -MT setup/src/include/vssetup-display_gtk.o -MD -MP -MF "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-display_gtk.Tpo" -c -o setup/src/include/vssetup-display_gtk.o `test -f 'setup/src/include/display_gtk.cpp' || echo './'`setup/src/include/display_gtk.cpp; \
	then mv -f "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-display_gtk.Tpo" "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-display_gtk.Po"; else rm -f "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-display_gtk.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -I./boost/1_33  -Wno-long-double -I/sw/include  -DWITH_MACOSX_BUNDLE=1 -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DSDL_WINDOWING=1  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -I/System/Library/Frameworks/GLUT.framework/Versions/A/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include/libpng12 -I/sw/include -DJPEG_SUPPORT -DHAVE_AL=1 -I/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -DHAVE_OGG   -I/usr/include/python2.5 -DHAVE_PYTHON=1    -I./src   -DOPCODE_COLLIDER -I./src/cmd/collide2  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -DHAVE_PYTHON=1 -I/sw/include/Python2.5  -pipe   -I/sw/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -MT setup/src/include/vssetup-display_dialog.o -MD -MP -MF "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-display_dialog.Tpo" -c -o setup/src/include/vssetup-display_dialog.o `test -f 'setup/src/include/display_dialog.cpp' || echo './'`setup/src/include/display_dialog.cpp; \
	then mv -f "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-display_dialog.Tpo" "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-display_dialog.Po"; else rm -f "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-display_dialog.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -I./boost/1_33  -Wno-long-double -I/sw/include  -DWITH_MACOSX_BUNDLE=1 -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DSDL_WINDOWING=1  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -I/System/Library/Frameworks/GLUT.framework/Versions/A/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include/libpng12 -I/sw/include -DJPEG_SUPPORT -DHAVE_AL=1 -I/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -DHAVE_OGG   -I/usr/include/python2.5 -DHAVE_PYTHON=1    -I./src   -DOPCODE_COLLIDER -I./src/cmd/collide2  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -DHAVE_PYTHON=1 -I/sw/include/Python2.5  -pipe   -I/sw/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -MT setup/src/include/vssetup-file.o -MD -MP -MF "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-file.Tpo" -c -o setup/src/include/vssetup-file.o `test -f 'setup/src/include/file.cpp' || echo './'`setup/src/include/file.cpp; \
	then mv -f "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-file.Tpo" "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-file.Po"; else rm -f "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-file.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -I./boost/1_33  -Wno-long-double -I/sw/include  -DWITH_MACOSX_BUNDLE=1 -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DSDL_WINDOWING=1  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -I/System/Library/Frameworks/GLUT.framework/Versions/A/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include/libpng12 -I/sw/include -DJPEG_SUPPORT -DHAVE_AL=1 -I/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -DHAVE_OGG   -I/usr/include/python2.5 -DHAVE_PYTHON=1    -I./src   -DOPCODE_COLLIDER -I./src/cmd/collide2  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -DHAVE_PYTHON=1 -I/sw/include/Python2.5  -pipe   -I/sw/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -MT setup/src/include/vssetup-general.o -MD -MP -MF "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-general.Tpo" -c -o setup/src/include/vssetup-general.o `test -f 'setup/src/include/general.cpp' || echo './'`setup/src/include/general.cpp; \
	then mv -f "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-general.Tpo" "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-general.Po"; else rm -f "setup/src/include/.deps/vssetup-general.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -I./boost/1_33  -Wno-long-double -I/sw/include  -DWITH_MACOSX_BUNDLE=1 -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DSDL_WINDOWING=1  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -I/System/Library/Frameworks/GLUT.framework/Versions/A/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include/libpng12 -I/sw/include -DJPEG_SUPPORT -DHAVE_AL=1 -I/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -DHAVE_OGG   -I/usr/include/python2.5 -DHAVE_PYTHON=1    -I./src   -DOPCODE_COLLIDER -I./src/cmd/collide2  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -DHAVE_PYTHON=1 -I/sw/include/Python2.5  -pipe   -I/sw/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -MT src/common/vssetup-common.o -MD -MP -MF "src/common/.deps/vssetup-common.Tpo" -c -o src/common/vssetup-common.o `test -f 'src/common/common.cpp' || echo './'`src/common/common.cpp; \
	then mv -f "src/common/.deps/vssetup-common.Tpo" "src/common/.deps/vssetup-common.Po"; else rm -f "src/common/.deps/vssetup-common.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
Undefined symbols:
  "ShowMain()", referenced from:
  "InitGraphics(int*, char***)", referenced from:
Not sure if there's another file I should remove or something? Still this is much more promising results than the other error with GTK enabled.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Must have missed something... your ./configure seems to think you do not have Dialog library enabled either.

Can you attach your config.log again now that you have a --disable-gtk?