SuSE 10.3 x64 compiling problem

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
tmm
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

SuSE 10.3 x64 compiling problem

Post by tmm »

when I do a make vegastrike I get:

Code: Select all

>make vegastrike
depbase=`echo src/aldrv/al_sound.o | sed 's|[^/]*$|.deps/&|;s|\.o$||'`;\
        g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.   -I./boost/1_33   -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DSDL_WINDOWING=1      -I/usr/local/include  -I/usr/include/python -DHAVE_PYTHON=1     -I./src   -pipe   -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -pthread -MT src/aldrv/al_sound.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o src/aldrv/al_sound.o src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp &&\
        mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp: In function ‘bool AUDLoadSoundFile(const char*, AUDSoundProperties*, bool)’:
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:448: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:447: error: forward declaration of ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:466: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:447: error: forward declaration of ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:467: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:479: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:480: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:481: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:483: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:494: error: ‘ConvertFormat’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: ‘ALbyte’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: ‘blutLoadWAVMemory’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:507: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:510: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp: In function ‘int AUDBufferSound(const AUDSoundProperties*, bool)’:
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:515: error: ‘ALuint’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:515: error: expected `;' before ‘wavbuf’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:516: error: ‘wavbuf’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:516: error: ‘alGenBuffers’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:517: error: ‘alGetError’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:518: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:447: error: forward declaration of ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:518: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:447: error: forward declaration of ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:518: error: ‘alBufferData’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:519: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:519: error: ‘LoadSound’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [src/aldrv/al_sound.o] Error 1"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome tmm looks like you are missing openal and is devolpment package or just the dev package.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

It should be possible to build vegastrike without OpenAL.
Maybe one of those CPP files doesn't have a check to see if openal is available.
tmm

Post by tmm »

I have openal installed (installed a newer version also just now) + the devel libraries..

I get the following:

linux:~/downloads/VegaStrike/vegastrike> make vegastrike
depbase=`echo src/aldrv/al_sound.o | sed 's|[^/]*$|.deps/&|;s|\.o$||'`;\
        g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.   -I./boost/1_33   -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DSDL_WINDOWING=1      -I/usr/local/include  -I/usr/include/python -DHAVE_PYTHON=1     -I./src   -pipe   -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -pthread -MT src/aldrv/al_sound.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o src/aldrv/al_sound.o src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp &&\
        mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp: In function ‘bool AUDLoadSoundFile(const char*, AUDSoundProperties*, bool)’:
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:448: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:466: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:467: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:479: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:480: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:481: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:483: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:494: error: ‘ConvertFormat’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: ‘ALbyte’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: ‘blutLoadWAVMemory’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:507: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:510: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp: In function ‘int AUDBufferSound(const AUDSoundProperties*, bool)’:
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:515: error: ‘ALuint’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:515: error: expected `;' before ‘wavbuf’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:516: error: ‘wavbuf’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:516: error: ‘alGenBuffers’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:517: error: ‘alGetError’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:518: error: ‘alBufferData’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:519: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:519: error: ‘LoadSound’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [src/aldrv/al_sound.o] Error 1
tmm

Post by tmm »

ok..I reran the build, configure and make of vegastrike and it worked..generated a vegastrike executable.

problem #2, doesnt build the soundserver..output below:

linux:~/downloads/VegaStrike/vegastrike> make soundserver
make: *** No rule to make target `soundserver'.  Stop.
[quote][/quote]

BTW, I just ran ./vegastrike not inside the data4.x directory and it has music and is loading.. are those SVN steps up-to-date?
()Alf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by ()Alf »

About soundserver i found the following:

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... oundserver
Enjoy the Tri p :shock:
My Box:: Board: Fujitsu-Siemens D2156S; CPU: Pentium 4 - 3.4GHz Core²Duo; GraCa: ATI Radeon X1600Pro (PCIe); RAM: 3GB; Sound: Creative SB Audigy 1; 2xHD(ntfs): Pri_120GB,Sec_250GB; OS: Win-XP-Pro-SP2_32bit
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Yes the soundsever has been depreciated all sound now uses openal glad you got going.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2