Boost-1.34..1

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
STEVE555
Hunter
Hunter

Boost-1.34..1

Post by STEVE555 »

Hi to all,
I was wondering if there is a way for the configure to recognize Boost-1.34.1?(I have recently compiled and installed that version).

I have tried to get configure to recognize it by using the --enable-boost-version=1.34,but configure fails,but it will happily compile with the boost-1.33 packages from the repositories from my distribution(Kubuntu Hardy Heron Alpha 2).

On another note,I have had quite a few warnings from make when I compile the latest version pf Vegastrike today.I can't remember all of them,and when I ran the game,the Konsole output produced some errors I need to report,but I don't know where to find the logs for those.

I have attached my config.log to see if you can find any more errors with the latest build.

Regards,
STEVE555
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Box:
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX
Processor:AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 460 Processor
RAM:4 Gb
Graphics Card:ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU 1Gb RAM
Hardrive:Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
Soundcard:Realtek
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

May I ask what told you about the "enable-boost-version" option? As far as I can tell, the two possible options are:

Code: Select all

--disable-boost         Build without included boost
  --with-boost=VERSION    Currently supported versions are 1.28, 1.31, 1.33,
                          and system
So either you should do "--with-boost=system" or "--disable-boost".
Unfortunately I don't know which one works or if you need both of them... I suspect the with-boost=system.

The warnings are normal. A lot of the code is somewhat sloppily done, but many of the warnings are just to help the developers and don't in themselves suggest any problematic behavior (unused variables, casts to different types, signed/unsigned mismatch)
STEVE555
Hunter
Hunter

Post by STEVE555 »

Hi ace123,
Nobody told me about the"enable-boost-version",it was my own typing error.I was trying to think of the configure flag from the top of my head.The configure flag I was talking about was "--with-boost-VERSION"
I'm sorry about the confusion.Anyway,when I used "--with-boost-VERSION",configure didn't recognize my latest compiled version.Having looked at your post,I will try later on today the "--disable-boost"and see what happens.

I also like to thank you about explaining about the warnings I get from GCC when I run make,it had always troubled me a little while I have been compiling.

Regards,
STEVE555
My Box:
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX
Processor:AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 460 Processor
RAM:4 Gb
Graphics Card:ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU 1Gb RAM
Hardrive:Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
Soundcard:Realtek
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

ah sorry missed the equals sign
it's --with-boost=VERSION, where VERSION is one of three built-in versions (1.33, 1.28 or 1.31), or else you can say "system", like this:

./configure --with-boost=system
(again, that's an = sign)

Either way, it always is a good idea to do a "./configure --help" first, because I am almost always wrong at guessing option names, and configure does not tell you if you get them wrong.