Strange failiures to compile

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
arialth
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Strange failiures to compile

Post by arialth »

I tried compiling the nev Vegastrike Beta from svn and I get to 'make vegastrike' and it fails after about five minutes with this stuff:

Code: Select all

mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po
depbase=`echo src/aldrv/al_sound.o | sed 's|[^/]*$|.deps/&|;s|\.o$||'`;\
        g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.   -I./boost/1_33        -I/usr/local/include  -I/usr/include/python2.4 -DHAVE_PYTHON=1     -I./src   -pipe   -pthread -MT src/aldrv/al_sound.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o src/aldrv/al_sound.o src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp &&\
        mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp: In function ‘bool AUDLoadSoundFile(const char*, AUDSoundProperties*, bool)’:
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:448: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:447: error: forward declaration of ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:466: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:447: error: forward declaration of ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:467: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:479: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:480: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:481: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:483: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:494: error: ‘ConvertFormat’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: ‘ALbyte’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: ‘blutLoadWAVMemory’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:507: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:510: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp: In function ‘int AUDBufferSound(const AUDSoundProperties*, bool)’:
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:515: error: ‘ALuint’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:515: error: expected `;' before ‘wavbuf’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:516: error: ‘wavbuf’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:516: error: ‘alGenBuffers’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:517: error: ‘alGetError’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:518: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:447: error: forward declaration of ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:518: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:447: error: forward declaration of ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:518: error: ‘alBufferData’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:519: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:519: error: ‘LoadSound’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [src/aldrv/al_sound.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/arialth/tools/VegaStrike/vegastrike'
make: *** [all] Error 2
arialth@dragon:~/tools/VegaStrike/vegastrike$
This all seems to be basedon the al_sound.cpp file... which i have no clue how to fix. Someone please help me. I did attach config.log too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Culture20
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Culture20 »

Double check that your openal-dev files are installed. On an Ubuntu system recently, I had the same issue, and needed to install libopenal-dev

For some reason, the configure script misses this, but configures with openal with success.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Thx Culture20 missed that one when it was first posted :oops: hope he didn't go away in disgust of not getting a reply.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2