Emu - Dgn Planetary Lift Vehicle

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

A new ship For aera faction and uplift.

Aera color :

Aera Merchant Marine "color"

and bzbr color:

Edited by loki1950 changed the topic title
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Looks like the proverbial "bat out of hell" 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

Looks awesome altho [minor constructive criticism] the texture joints on the inside of the wing near the wing/ship intersection look a little wrong.
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
Jeff2121
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Jeff2121 »

It kind of looks like an Aeran Llama, like a shuttle or light cargo ship. :?
My Dream Machine (Soon to Be):

Kingston 4GB DDR2 RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Quad Core
Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX
320GB SATA HDD (Raid 0)
SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
Phlogios
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Phlogios »

Oblivion actually drew concept art for this ship, in this topic. I made a model resembling the concept and I believe I gave him the model. I don't know what he did with it later, but just so you know, there are 2 models of it now. I like yours :D But I think Oblivion's looks a bit more aeran :/
"Enjoy the Choice" - A very wise man from Ottawa.
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

I think the general shape and hull patterns are very good. The coloring seems to be a bit un-aeran to me - I don't know that they use striping. JackS would be able to tell you, and also please refer to his earlier post on aeran art references (in the thread for your larger aeran ship.)

Also, I must insist again that you not limit yourself when selecting a resolution at which to create your texture, unless this would require more work for you.
Scaling down is easy; scaling up is hard.
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

colors should be a bit more discreet. some little strips of light blue here and there would suffice. The hull itself would be mostly plates. Only small areas with gubbinz. i.e. no ventilation grills etc. at least i think. ;P

also Phlogios :oops: :oops: really sorry, couldn't find the time to test it. I'm still way too busy atm, but I'll see if I can take a look at it. :wink: Maybe we could use it for another ship.
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

ohhh

Post by Fendorin »

OK i haven't see your concept, sorry.

your concept is more aeran than me, mr oblivion.

So tell me an assignation for my ship . maybe shaper?

Because i'dont understand a total description of "faction style"

Jacks use untranslate word and metaphoric sentence.

it is difficult to understand the exact direction of artstyle.

but i try and sometimes it'wrong.

i m apologies mr oblivion.
Phlogios
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Phlogios »

@Oblivion: That ship was made in wings3D, which means that it was made in the earliest period of my modeling career. I am a bad modeler now, and I was even worse then (the mining ship I made for PU was a huge boost). It might be better if I remodel it, i.e. import it to blender and clean the surfaces up and split smoothgroups. As I remember the model, It is chaotic with wierd quads everywhere. Maybe I can clean it up and then map it, so that you can just texture it. Texturing is something I REALLY can't do, especially not aeran or rlaan. :?

And somebody should decipher what JackS is saying, because even I have problems understanding sometimes. :D
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

hello mr phlogios

if you has need for assistance for modelled. there is a tutoriel very detailed and very simple.
it's in french

but if i can understand english you can understand french .

or use google translate or other.

voila : http://axvaude.free.fr/tutoriaux.htm
Phlogios
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Phlogios »

@Fendorin: Thanks for the tip, but I don't use Wings3D anymore. What I said was that before, my models were super bad. Now they are just bad, not super bad.

I didn't know anything about how to avoid artifacts and such.
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

fendorin, darkening the texture would easily turn it into a human ship. but having it as an aeran ship would be good too i think. tho for me, it looks like a combat ship, from the design, and Prytanis has no weapons at all. Anyway, its up to you, really, or JackS, I'm just another artist too, :wink:

and no "mr" please, i'm only 21 :lol:

aerans also use sharper fins, by the way.

Phlogios, thanks. If you can rebuild a "clean" Prytanis, i'll be happy to texture it for you. Come to think of it, I think I've opened it once, and yah i think there were weird quads which was why I decided to put it off for the meantime, coz cleaning up is something I don't like, even in my own builds. lol. :wink:

So, if you can make a new build, I'll definitely texture it. I enjoy texturing and I'm fast so It won't make too much of a dent on my RL (which suxx, *sigh* lol). Just make sure to use the lowest amount of polies possible without having to sacrifice the look of the model. Also make sure to split faces into tris (w/ three vertices) or quads (w/ 4 vertices), less chance of getting wierd shading that way. You also don't need to unwrap it, unless you want too. The geometry of Prytanis is pretty simple, and unwrapping it whould be wasy for me. Thanks for understanding :D I currently, totally, LOATH school right now. They keep me busy running the rat race. hehe :roll:
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

a same ship but assigned for dgn and pruduced by the *shaper beauty consortium*(SBC)

EMU:DivShare File - EMU.zip

lift planetary vehicule light and commun craft
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

First (though least), it would be great if somebody with available permissions would change the thread to "Emu - Dgn Planetary Lift Vehicle" to avoid unnecessary confusion.

The ship is committed to masters and data set, though integration was rudimentary only, which means that the stats are certainly bugged, you won't be able to buy this vessel, neither will it be spawned, so you'll not be likely to encounter it during your space faring ventures.

Besides the stats fixing, further improvement of model textures (e.g. normal map is missing) and a corrected bfxm file would be required (current one uses diffuse texture only, not the glow and spec maps).