Planet background

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: Planet background

Post by Fendorin »

hello

some special vegastrike concept art work i made

for Mechanist "City" or habitat:

a huge station :

A highborn Palace:
Rlaan ship go out to a Golden planet:
Zel
Trader
Trader

Post by Zel »

Aint that station the lower section of a Nebulon B frigate from Star Wars?
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

yes is the nebulon nose from star war
i found it on chinese website
i don't know who made it
but anyway this picture was made for testing the global mapping with blender and the rendering time with huge ambient occlusion setting.
i modifie and clean a little bit the mesh; remove all rear part change all texture
it have a lot of boolean bad operation then think this picture like concept it will be sure it never come in game.

but thanks to mention it
MC707
Venturer
Venturer

Post by MC707 »

I KNEW IT! Yeah that really looks like the nebulon frigate :wink: Nice backgrounds, too. Where are those backgrounds going?
My Machine: OS: Ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid) 64 bit in a 500GB Maxtor HD @ 7200 RPM, Windows Vista PsyChoses Edition 2009 32 bit in a 500GB Samsung HD @ 7200 RPM CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce 9400 GT @ 1024 MB RAM: 3891 MB
Earthlings|The End of the Internet?|FreeWebsite
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Nice backgrounds, too. Where are those backgrounds going?
I dn't know waiting for Jack's direction/agreement/ok ,not ok/ discussion
over the related idea from Safemode "one planet many base"

if you are interressed Have a look to this thread:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... =6&t=13209
MC707
Venturer
Venturer

Post by MC707 »

Fendorin wrote:I dn't know waiting for Jack's direction/agreement/ok ,not ok/ discussion
over the related idea from Safemode "one planet many base"

if you are interressed Have a look to this thread:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... =6&t=13209
Oh I see. That multiple bases idea sounds pretty damn good! Making variables makes things much more interesting :)
My Machine: OS: Ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid) 64 bit in a 500GB Maxtor HD @ 7200 RPM, Windows Vista PsyChoses Edition 2009 32 bit in a 500GB Samsung HD @ 7200 RPM CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce 9400 GT @ 1024 MB RAM: 3891 MB
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

it sound good, yes, i was very interressed by this idea!
but it haven't a lot of support and i don't know when it could be tested first
i think Safemode need working over the coding/script/writing technical part
and Rivalin, other and me working over "art side"

MC707 if you want participate you are more than welcome.
MC707
Venturer
Venturer

Post by MC707 »

Fendorin wrote:MC707 if you want participate you are more than welcome.
Thanks for the invite! :D Might do some of those backgrounds if I find some free time and the right program to do it. (I don't know much about coding, just a little bit)
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

3D art doesn't require any coding skill or knowledge. The program we use is Blender, it is free and open source, with a good deal now of documentation and a strong and helpful community.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

And it is in the Ubuntu repositories so just an apt-get away or through Synaptic if you prefer the GUI way.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
MC707
Venturer
Venturer

Post by MC707 »

Sweet! Thanks for the tip guys! :D Now lets see what my mind wants to share with y'all 8)
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

MC707 said:
(I don't know much about coding, just a little bit)
It have some Units file need to be fix, like u propose before some of ship haven't any stat:

see here for a complete list and to do list on ship already create:http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/media ... :3D_Models

thanks to see a enthousiaste* contributor

* in french into text (entusiasta,
enthusiastic, enthusiastisch,
热心 , متحمس, энтузиазм ,
ενθουσιώδης ...etc.......)
MC707
Venturer
Venturer

Post by MC707 »

Fendorin wrote:It have some Units file need to be fix, like u propose before some of ship haven't any stat
Nice. So... I can create (for the stat-less ships) whatever model my imagination tells me? (of course, I will make my ships kind of similar to the race and faction) :?
Also, I noticed some entries are outdated in the wiki, like the franklin. It is shown in the concept art requested section, with no stats whatsoever.
Fendorin wrote:thanks to see a enthousiaste* contributor
Yep thanks for that.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

MC707
Nice. So... I can create (for the stat-less ships) whatever model my imagination tells me? (of course, I will make my ships kind of similar to the race and faction) :?
Also, I noticed some entries are outdated in the wiki, like the franklin. It is shown in the concept art requested section, with no stats whatsoever.
If u look the Ship Status list, it have some "stats" missing fixing of ALREADY create models in a lot of case you have more information than "no conceptualized ship"

For exemple the Regret Shmrn fighter line/entries are missing stats (needs stats) means the acceleration, the price, the hold volume, the improve capabilitie volume....etc are not the own of the ship but maybe a copy /paste of another similar ship (means same role, from my memories the MK32 had the stats of OX for testing if i do an exemple)
The Kierkegard ship need a reworked/balanced stats too ....etc
all what we need to do is following (if we have time) the TO DO column .
it have a lot of work over the created ship to do and stat "reviewer" are more than welcome.

BTW we should open a new thread for discuss over stats reworking/working (if one didn't already create/open)
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Then i Have this idea for a Andolian world or Unadorned world:
MC707
Venturer
Venturer

Post by MC707 »

The second snapshot looks beautiful. :) The last one looks a little bit empty, though. :?
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

Cool buildings!

What is the orange surface? Nanotech dust? Rusty water? I ask because it partly covers the last row of windows. Maybe the buildings need a foundation to raise them above the surface a bit.
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

hello
What is the orange surface? Nanotech dust? Rusty water? I ask because it partly covers the last row of windows. Maybe the buildings need a foundation to raise them above the surface a bit.
if it's andolian or Unadorned isn't kind people to walk around place and in this future it's maybe hard and realy expensive and little bit no sense to terraform a planet if the population don't care so much.
Shaper, LIHW,Higborn,Purist should have a better and beautifull envirronment around

And in general i propose first picture like a "sketch" for waiting our ministry Approval or critics, and work again on details
and if it's could be inspire other contributor isn't so bad.

then if this kind of building meet a Official approval it should be well detailled and improved

Thanks to comment it keep up the motivation to continue.....
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

Fendorin wrote:if it's andolian or Unadorned isn't kind people to walk around place and in this future it's maybe hard and realy expensive and little bit no sense to terraform a planet if the population don't care so much.
I completely agree. It just seemed odd for the sand or whatever to partly cover the windows.
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

I like the first one--the way you see the sun and also the lava glow makes it seem like a really hot planet and not one you would want to be outside on.
Still, it feels kind of deserted that way. How do people travel between buildings? Maybe there should either have a lot more buildings, have ships flying around, or else make the buildings closer together, with bridges between them or something like that.

Or do they have an underground tunnel network?
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

By emailing a PM JackS comment over the work for a RLAAN LANDING views (previous page posted by: Dunkelheit )
Rlaan Landing views - the landing views are very good and I hope we're using them now, what I saw of the crane looked like it needed work, skimmed on my way out the door, may need to look at it again if more work was done after spider-like picture
Then Dunkelheit you can proceed to improvement (and begin creation of the Bar and Weapon room maybe
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

interior screen

Post by Fendorin »

like that "en passant"

Two interior screen under working:**

Cargo screen (WIP size picture if it s approuved 4k pot baking coulld be do )
Human (more purist,lihw,ISO than other) univesity landing (WIP size picture if it s approuved 4k could be post )
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

hello

Some artworks :

The link screen between the differeent part of the "landing screen"

More post human ambience than real futuristic ( should be OK for LIHW,ISO,or Purist)
Like always if somebody are interesed by the Models in 3D or the building+texture i can post just let my know
I haven't yet a great skill in Blender Setting rendering :cry: .
And i don't Know if blender files could be import in MODO :wink:
Let my know
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Is that a Mag-Lev train at the bottom there Fendorin 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

Fendorin wrote: I haven't yet a great skill in Blender Setting rendering :cry: .
When in doubt, just bombard the scene with raytraced and radiosity lighting. 8)