question of aera colors and pattern

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

question of aera colors and pattern

Post by Fendorin »

i have a aera battle ship but

what is a pattern for aera .Strips?

the aera build a organic ship? i believe a rlaan build a organic ship?

i think aera build "ultra plastic" ship no?

For pattern of anaxidamus :
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

For Aeran texturing (and design), the three Aeran fighters Areus, Ariston, and Nicander are the appropriate references, the Ariston moreso than the Nicander and the Nicander moreso than the Areus.

The only current description of an Aeran capital vessel can be found here (Anaxander) but I regret it is not particularly clear, as it was part of a sequence of correspondences with a particular artist.

I'd say no to striping running around the circumference of the vessel. Stripes running the length of the vessel may be more workable. Scattered patterning seems best for most color markings.

Aeran ships are not organic in the sense that their manufacture is in any way related to a biological process. Comments made by various users with respect to an "organic smoothness" of Aeran vessels refers to their apparent uni-body construction in contrast to the somewhat "snap-fit" look of many human models. Personally, I've tended to think of wood carvings as the image that comes to mind - your mileage may vary.

Re: the particular model posted --

It's a bit on the fragile looking side. Aeran vessels should be somewhat more robust in their extremities.

The 4-way split of projections at the rear -- would be better as a 2, 3, 6, or 3*K split. One of the reasons the Areus is the least benchmark-worthy of the Aeran fighters is the 4-way split of it's rear "wings".

The projections at the rear -- I don't know what they are intended to be. They aren't what I had in mind for any of the distintive Aeran capship features, and nothing comes to mind as to what they would be instead. Also, see first comment re: fragile looking.
See "very poorly drawn sketches" for some vague notion of what was being discussed (for the turrets bases) in Anaxander description.

Weaponry -- assuming the two long spindles at the side are weapons, the spinal mounts are overemphasized in relation to potential capital turret mounts. A ship this large ( >= 2 Kilometers) is not going to turn on a dime to face things with its spinal mounts.
It should also be noted that, from the description of the Anaxidamus , the most dangerous anti-capital weaponry it carries is missiles. Thus, fixed emplacements, if made part of the model, should be more prominently of the missile type than guns running the length of the vessel. However, it could just be that I'm not seeing them due to render angles, and they're already there.

Engines -- Forward facing engines (i.e. brakes) would be nice to see, as would smaller maneuvering thrusters.