Fendorin concept star ships (various)

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Fendorin concept star ships (various)

Post by Fendorin »

For idée or include design in vegastrike?
if it's possible i say youpi!
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

je sais vraiment pas me servir d'un forum

Post by Fendorin »

i'like draw and i decide help a vegacommunité

My but if possible: every week i propose a concept ship for idea ?

today i post 3 idea

My computer is very old, help my to make a ship in 3d please

For example mesher don't run in my "becane"

but i make some ship wiht wing's 3d (i post coming soon)

well:Image

and: Image

and Image
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

JackS gets the say on what art/models go into VS.

There is also some stuff in the wiki about what is expected for models & the concept art from which they get built.

For my part, I love your "Buy well, Buy Human !" advertising. Even if these don't get turned into 3D models, they could be the start of some very good splash screens.

If you get stuck on language, there are several people around who speak/read French; though my own French is very rusty.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

as Shissui said nice but our Minister of Information holds the gavel as for getting your concepts in to 3D what's your hardware and OS we can probably find some apps for you to use.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

Well, until the style guides are filled in, that's a role which I need to fulfil with lenience and humility unless actually entreated for rendering judgement.

H496: Concept art looks great. Can't wait to see the model.

Vigilance: Concept looks promising. I'd be interested in chatting as to what your ideas were on scale and armament, so that we can be sure we're on the same general page for the craft's ability to fulfil its intended role(s). Wouldn't mind seeing some more lateral/maneuvering thrusters, but that's certainly not a game-breaker in any way.

???: As I don't know which, if any, of the yet-to-be-modeled cargo ships you were hoping this to become, I'll limit myself to the following two statements. 1) It's pretty. 2) The conn tower does look a bit overly reminiscent of an ISD ;-)

In any case, I do eagerly await the models.

As you seem to have a fair hand for doing concept sketches, do let me know if you have any interest in helping to produce the (long-awaited and ever-delayed) style guides mentioned at the beginning of this post.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

i'm french sorry for my english/american /canadian/and other

Post by Fendorin »

ok jaks just i have a idée for mk32 ship
say me if is a like your description in wiki ship/manual

i propose ( and more advanced work)
and
or
an other more
IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u242 ... /mk32b.jpg[/IMG]
and always
"et pour etre compet je vous dirai qu'il faudrait cette image"
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

SOS SOS SOS

Xmeshing (or bfxmesh) don t work in my "becane" (french argo's(ARGO it's name for familiar 50'street language like miss Edith Piaf) word for computrer)

help me please
what i have to do?
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

I cant offer advise but, well, your designs are cool and that MK32 battleship looks awesome. 8)
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
Captain{}Blood
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Captain{}Blood »

All you need now is some long range P-Minus-Mark XIV turets on it and it could be a very nice Dreadnought class. Not quite a death star but then you would need a super anti-matter cannon out the front.

I also don't think you can dock that thing anywhere so it looks like it will have to be docked on a tether to stations
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

Comments on the Mk 32:

1) The color scheme is too close to Aeran for comfort.
For future Mechanist ships, please see: http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... 96&start=0 for example Mechanist coloration (following faction color schemes as discussed somewhat in http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... 63&start=0).

However - as the primary usage is actually in the Confederation Joint Fleet, and not in the Mechanist Regional Guard forces (as seen in the utilization and detail notes in http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... ser_Mk._32) A Confederation color scheme would actually be more appropriate to focus on creating.

2) It would be nice if there was visual evidence of lateral and retro thrusters.

3) The fins on the back - it is unclear what their usage is. Mechanists designs don't really do "pretty" so you'll have to come up with more than a purely aesthetic reason for their existence. I suggest radiator surfaces - this can likely be expressed entirely in texture without need to change the underlying model.

4) Custom turrets will be needed for intended effect. As per http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... ser_Mk._32 , the armament is primarily of a projectile nature, so the turrets will be of non-trivial size, and warrant some meaningful barrel length. I would reccomend a single barrel per turret.

The wiki search function doesn't return helpful documentation on turrets - the following will be insufficient, but hopefully a good start: You will need to produce one mesh for each moving part - for turrets, this generally has meant two meshes, one for the base, and one for the weapon-carrying portion. The restricted mobility (base in x-z plane, guns in y-z plane) is handled external to the model (in units.csv) as is their attachment to each other (via subunit specification). I'd advise using the existing turret models, such as those found on the Mule, as a starting point.

To conclude:
If not exactly as I imagined it, I'm still very happy to see it brought to life. A few minor quibbles and additional work to be done notwithstanding, it's a beauty, and should have no problems finding its way into VS.
Phlogios
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Phlogios »

*MOVED*
"Enjoy the Choice" - A very wise man from Ottawa.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

confed variations

Post by Fendorin »

Hello i make a confed variations ship

and the little wing is radiator.

but please why xmesh plugin don t run (the plugins is obsolete? i use wings3d 0.98.32a )

mmmhh.... i don t know

I test much solution but i have always this message -l'exportation a echoué.....and much code........-

and mesher..... is a furtive program ? launch /close at once

for info my comput is:

windows 2000
384mb ram
ATI tecnologie inc.3d Rage pro agp 2x (Blablabla.....no joke please......)

2-question? I hope that you will understand

_why draw of new turret? Whereas I have not time to see them as I play

(pourquoi dessiner de nouvelle tourelle? Alors que je n'est pas le temps de les voir quant je joue)

use VS already ingame turrets-model no? it's no good?

Image[/img]
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Re: confed variations

Post by jackS »

FENDORIN wrote:Hello i make a confed variations ship

and the little wing is radiator.
Merci.
FENDORIN wrote: and mesher..... is a furtive program ? launch /close at once

for info my comput is:

windows 2000
384mb ram
ATI tecnologie inc.3d Rage pro agp 2x (Blablabla.....no joke please......)
Are you running mesher from the command prompt? It is not a graphical utility. If you are looking for a graphical front end for mesher, perhaps this thread will be helpful: http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=8169
FENDORIN wrote: 2-question? I hope that you will understand

_why draw of new turret? Whereas I have not time to see them as I play

(pourquoi dessiner de nouvelle tourelle? Alors que je n'est pas le temps de les voir quant je joue)

use VS already ingame turrets-model no? it's no good?
We can use the existing turrets, but (warning: extended, rambling metaphor - I hope this translates well) it would be a bit like wearing cheap, white tennis shoes with a black Armani suit. They certainly work as shoes, and as long as the people you interact with do not linger long enough to take a head to toe measurement, they may not notice the footwear. However, if one is looking for a more impressive display, one might want to consider footwear suitable to the rest of one's garb. (end rambling metaphor).

Suffice it to say that the turret models we have would be hard pressed to look appropriate for the main guns on the vessel. I had planned on using our existing turret models for small, defensive turrets on the craft. We can also use our existing models for the main offensive battery, but it would be preferable if there existed turrets more correlated in their design to the role for which they would be used on this craft, hence, my desire for there to be custom turrets.

As you designed the model, I imagined you to be the most appropriate person to ask as to crafting them. Now - there's certainly no requirement that _YOU_ fashion the custom turrets. As they would be separate models, they could be crafted by anyone at any future point. I figured, however, it was better to ask earlier rather than later.

Did that clear things up at all?
snow_Cat
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by snow_Cat »

jackS wrote:Are you running mesher from the command prompt? It is not a graphical utility. If you are looking for a graphical front end for mesher, perhaps this thread will be helpful: http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=8169
^ · ·,^ I'll get right on that.
the last working version of masher, a graphical front end for mesher.
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Re: confed variations

Post by Shissui »

FENDORIN wrote:_why draw of new turret? Whereas I have not time to see them as I play
Some of us *do* get close enough to see the turrets --

If I wanted to take out your battleship with my Aevant -- I would cloak, get in REAL close, uncloak & blast just the turret. Then cloak again & find another turret. When I run out of turrets, I would back off & launch torpedoes until I had a satisfactory result.

If I did not snipe all the turrets first, my torpedoes would never get close enough to hurt the ship & my Aevant just doesn't carry enough ordinance to do it any other way.

PS: I love the ship!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

i don 't know if it's good or not for forsaken

but i have one idee for the catfish/scarab association

why not forsaken developped a module shuttle ,and all shuttle together
(like a fish school)

create a ship :

module shuttle :

the ship made with shutlle association :
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

A space going porcupine :lol: looks great

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Xmeshing (or bfxmesh) don t work in my "becane" (french argo's(ARGO it's name for familiar 50'street language like miss Edith Piaf) word for computrer)

help me please
what i have to do?
send me the obj files and i convert them for you...
Xante
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Xante »

I like the catfish shuttle concept, but I'd rather see then the shuttle as a module that can fly independently, but when in group it would be attached to a kind of bigger thrust module, a kind of vessel skeleton with only wings and thrust where those shuttles would need to dock at for longer trips and for jumping.

The shuttle would then be more like in-system cargo drones and the big one a mothership for cargo drones, a bulk freighter for interstellar trade that can be hired by cargo-drone owners to get their good delivered.
()Alf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by ()Alf »

Reminds me to:
- The generationship in ST Voyager which had multiple warpcores (multiple warpcores, hehe, i like this :lol: )(well, each ship had one).

- The experimental Federation Starship (omg the names ;)) in ST Voyager which could devide into 3 smaller ones (which the holographic doc(s) recaped from the romulans)

- The facility consisting of many small modules in ST Enterprise :)

- Ships of the enemy (can't remember their name right now) in Wing Commander Prophecy (or was it Freespace 2, some time since i played these games :?) where 3 ships combined were able to shoot a heavy plasmapuls, but as single ships they were light fighters and easy to destroy with weak firepower.
Enjoy the Tri p :shock:
My Box:: Board: Fujitsu-Siemens D2156S; CPU: Pentium 4 - 3.4GHz Core²Duo; GraCa: ATI Radeon X1600Pro (PCIe); RAM: 3GB; Sound: Creative SB Audigy 1; 2xHD(ntfs): Pri_120GB,Sec_250GB; OS: Win-XP-Pro-SP2_32bit
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Location: Some small planet, Parallel Earth, Resources Negligeble

Post by mortaneous »

How about the carriers from Space: Above & Beyond or the carriers from the Starship Troopers movie... all their dropships were detatchable shuttle-like vessels that linked to the belly/side of the main vessel.
snow_Cat
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by snow_Cat »

^- - ^ this concept reminds me of the Starlost tv series.
^ - -^ Many interconnected but internally isolated bio-domes.
Additional informaion:
http://www.snowcrest.net/fox/star.html
()Alf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by ()Alf »

Omg, i just read the first page of this thread... what about this first ship, it's really impressive :shock: :?:
Enjoy the Tri p :shock:
My Box:: Board: Fujitsu-Siemens D2156S; CPU: Pentium 4 - 3.4GHz Core²Duo; GraCa: ATI Radeon X1600Pro (PCIe); RAM: 3GB; Sound: Creative SB Audigy 1; 2xHD(ntfs): Pri_120GB,Sec_250GB; OS: Win-XP-Pro-SP2_32bit
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Already in game ()Alf 8) :D

Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

hello new concept for improve artwork stock

and a highborn Corvette
if we keept the Galhad for Bomber new name ship is BALLIAN: