Art license and media repository?

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

mithro
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Art license and media repository?

Post by mithro »

Hello,

VegaStrike looks like a cool game! However, my main intrest is in the VegaStrike art assets.

I have been developing an open source turn based space empire building game called Thousand Parsec (http://www.thousandparsec.net/), however we lack artists to create models for us.

It appears that VegaStrike has a large number of art assets which would also be useful for me.

What License are the art assets released under and is there a media repository somewhere which includes the source media for generating the ingame files? (IE 3d mesh's in their original format, etc)

Thanks for your time and help.

Tim Ansell
--
Thousand Parsec - http://www.thousandparsec.net/
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Art license and media repository?

Post by klauss »

mithro wrote:What License are the art assets released under and is there a media repository somewhere which includes the source media for generating the ingame files? (IE 3d mesh's in their original format, etc)
I don't know about licenses, but the art repository is a really new thing, and so pretty empty. Most of what VS has is not available in source form by any other means that trying to locate the author and praying that he/she still has the material and is willing to send it. Hey... if you get any source material in this way, please relay it to me (klaussfreire at gmail), so that I may add it to the repository ;)

Some art is in the repo, though. Mostly new stuff. The "repo" is mainly a personal SVN server I keep at home - it's not online, but with some work I could make it online. Loussy bandwidth, though.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe