Random ship I made --Question about mounts

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Jesse_the_Midget
Explorer
Explorer

Random ship I made --Question about mounts

Post by Jesse_the_Midget »

*yay* first post!
here's a random ship I made for myself:

leaving a planet: why in the world did the devs use a uvsphere? A blender icosphere woulda worked better, and without the ugly banding at the pole.

in battle with luddite capships (yes, those are particle beams)

and a splash screen:

anyway, I made my own missiles and have 32 seperate missile ports for them along with 4 torpedo bays and 4 heetseeker bays (can, of course be replaced). Obviously, reloading would be a pain. so I'm wondering if anyone knows how to do the following:
either:
Make a purchasable that will refill all the ports (specifically for this ship, I.E. "CPU Refill")
or:
Make it like a subunit or something, so the missiles will fire from their correct respective locations, but only count as one or two units to buy.
...or anything else you guys could suggest

oh, an by the way, the purpose of this ship is to have the power of a capship while handling well and having no turrets. I.e. behaves like a bomber, priced like a capship, pounds like a capship.

edit: oh, and how do you guys like the model and texture? they're my first, I used blender and gimp. I'm actually thinking about making a blender script for making a seperate xmesh for lights (so you could just append, not worry about decompiling and such)
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Jesse have a look at the storm fire enties they may be modifable for your purpose :idea: like the ship btw but she may be to much for balanceing :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
Jesse_the_Midget
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Jesse_the_Midget »

loki1950 wrote:Jesse have a look at the storm fire enties they may be modifable for your purpose :idea: like the ship btw but she may be to much for balanceing :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
yah, you're right... she needs nerfing.
I couldn't figure anything out about stormfires... I'll have to look into it farther. I think I'll post this as a feature request (more than one location for a single mount... i.e., act like three mounts, refill like one.)
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

hehe. looks weird. Again... :cry: teh cockpits.. why are they so big?

Anyway. It could be adapted for a small Klk'k ship.

I think Jacks is away now. But Jacks, commentarios? :wink:
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

It looks rather much too small for the sort of manifest you'd like it to have. I think there are ships it could be respun toward though (nothing that has the sort of manifest you're quoting is actually planned) - I haven't thought about it enough yet to have anything more firm to say at this point.
daschapa
Trader
Trader

Post by daschapa »

I think the CPU has a lot of pros... but no cons... and every ship needs a con (whitout that the game becomes boring and monodirectional).
I don't wanna undervalue your work, the model is really cute, but a think the ship is too much powerful to be so small. I think a powerfully weaponed ship must be quite slow, quite hard... or it needs some con.
There are missions which I prefer to use my Llama, there are others I prefer to use a Schoederinger, and, of course, to blast Aera's guys I prefer my Goddard.
I think: if your CPU is designed to defend cargo runners, it mus be fast, manaureavle (i don't know how this word looks exactly, excuse my english) and heavily-gunned, but with a lack of missiles (wich are better to attack instances, rather than defense ones).
This is only my personal opinion, you are free to tune it your way, but everyone knows somthing: there are no ship can defeat a Beholder
=======================
Das Chapa
Course to next jump point...
Engage!!!

http://banderas-en-tu-corazon.blosgpot.com
Baerwulf
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Baerwulf »

Perhaps the CPU would be useful as an Anit Capship bomber for "Wild Weasel" type attacks. For play balancing remove the lighter armaments and leave it fairly vunerable (Little shielding or armour) but manueverable and with very limited upgrade capacity. This would make it effective but suicidal to fly :)

If it can be prevented from being fitted with a jump drive it could then be carried to battle aboard a carrier of some description and used to attack by flying "Down the Gunbarrel" while dodging and weaving