coming back in your ship in 3d

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

G3David
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Interior of station

Post by G3David »

I hhappen to have a space staion that you can dock INSIDE of right now, its just a wings 3d file, but you can download it at my website and put it into vegastrike yourself.... it has windows and is designed to have turrets arounb the perimiter of the opening into it.
goto http://www.g3david.tk and click on vegastrike page. it started out as a memorial station for columbia but you can use it for whatever you want, it might solve your problem
Excuse me sir, can you tell me how to get to Omicron Persei 8?
My Website|Please do not click here
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

pontiac wrote:Ah, so you are modeling this for future indoor scenes in the game?

Pon'just curious'tiac
(nice name ;)
Well, all depends of what you call "future" indoors scenes. Let's go with what's ok and what is not (and what I can do myself or not, as far as I'm not vs devellopper, and I'm already moddeling cockpits, working on making space voices for festival, building my own civilisation, and creating generics primitives for interiors and debris field (might be crazy, or will become soon :twisted: )
what's work:
:arrow: portals: no problem with little levels, and maybe a nice workaraound should be used with LOD (dividing a big level in X parts, 3 or 4 rooms in the actual meshes, and when you come close up to next part the other mesh is loaded with full details: I can do, just let me finish my structures primitives and I will work on a real tutorial (wasted enough time to have detected main problems and solutions, i think :?: )
:arrow: lightning, no reflexion at all is the only nice way I found now ( +plus some adjustement on alpha channel in place) : I can do, working on, and maybe PeteyG solution for his star trek ship might be usefull (ref: http://www.joeredcloud.com/kandarwiki/i ... EngineGlow)
:arrow: newton physic support: some problems when ground is not flat (staircases are really crappy, I must use inclined planes in place :roll: ): i can do, maybe an absolutely invisible plane with a real staircase under)
:arrow: artificial intelligence: well, the actuals subroutines are not really made for closed area, bots stays very statics, it's really hard to make them move : don't know if I can do it, I always wanted to learn python but never begin.
:arrow: "working computers" in levels and basic interaction like doors : don't know, see point before about my python knowledge

I think that's the main problems, but if see some points I missed :)
I see dead polygons....
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

might start a new topic with my last post?
I see dead polygons....
Anax
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Anax »

etheral walker wrote: :arrow: artificial intelligence: well, the actuals subroutines are not really made for closed area, bots stays very statics, it's really hard to make them move : don't know if I can do it, I always wanted to learn python but never begin.
Most FPS games use "paths" for AI. ie a path around the 'level' that the bots can walk/run/etc. I know in jediknight2 it's amusing when you load bots into a level with no paths because they just jump around everywhere. chances are if the level has lots of bottomless pits in it you rack up heaps of kills just by hitting them once or slightly forcepush while they fall into oblivion :P
Shrike
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Interior of station

Post by Shrike »

G3David wrote:I hhappen to have a space staion that you can dock INSIDE of right now
Can I dock my giant Cargo Ship in it?
Anax
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Anax »

That's an idea actually - there should be specific docking stations on ships/stations for different sized ships. eg, small fighters should move towards smaller docking squares (which presumably should lead to small docking bays), where as large ships should move to bigger docking squares (designating areas next to docking 'ports' which extend out and clasp onto the oversized ship).