Proposal for reactor 1

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

ergo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by ergo »

you can assume is 30 meters width , there is no reference object that allows you to measure its size ;-) the next one will not be the clones of existing reac tors ive made ;-)
Using : SVN
Silverain
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by Silverain »

Don't stop ... please ... don't stop producing this stuff!
THOUGHT CRIME! [points finger] THOUGHT CRIME!
ergo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by ergo »

say hello to my brand new tokamak reactor ;-)

512x512
128x128
rigelan
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by rigelan »

Indeed it looks awesome.

Are those fuel lines around the casing?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

looks more like a heavy conductor with shielding to me but who really cares it still looks good 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
ergo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by ergo »

ne its not fuel lines , a reactor doesnt require "classic" fuel ;-) probably lots of wires and conductor inside those lines,
as for how it looks like i could not find a good photo of tokamak reactor, but i imagine that in future it would look somewhat similiar ;-)
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

Whatever reactor it is, it looks very detailed, good work!

Although it could be a Dark-Matter reactor....? :D
ergo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by ergo »

its tokamak reactor, if needed i'll do some designs...
fuzzy_memories
Merchant
Merchant

Post by fuzzy_memories »

Perhaps it could be an actual picture, you know, in the Weapons dealer room of some stations? An "Old time" classic?
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Shiny.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
rigelan
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by rigelan »

The first image in this thread could be used as a cargo image. Perhaps for transporting petrols or hazardous chemicals, some sort of liquid transport. Maybe it contains the fuel that is used in the fusion reactors.

On second thought, I know that the programmers have put some sort of fuel-being-used-up bit into the programming, and we used to have a refuel button in the upgrades (I think it was in 0.43, its not in SVN anymore.) But I think this picture would work as the default fuel tank, as the image that pops up when refueling occurs. Maybe the upgrades would allow for a fancier, shinier fuel tank to be bought, but this would be a great default one!

The later images would work wonderfully as reactors, and I think they should be put in. But before that, we might need a few different images to designate the different sizes of the reactors. Maybe the size of the conduit cable along the outside of the latest reactor or the number of heat fins could be varied to make the reactor appear larger or smaller.
Cordess
Trader
Trader

Post by Cordess »

It would be cool to have a thin layer of ice on the superconducters of the tokamak.
Superconducters need to be cooled down to approximatly < 140.15 degrees or 133 Kelvin, at least for todays technology.

Having ice on a superconducter in space is not a problem in my opinion, just think of some ice asteroids. :)
The rest does the mass of a tokamak -> gravity.
The only thing that should kept in mind is, that the ice should not be in the sunlight.

The tube around the casing could be tubes for liquid nitrogen which is needed by the superconducters to cool them down.
So they should have a thin layer of ice too on it.
Zeog
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Zeog »

Could someone please add these pictures to the repository. I was usually doing that but currently (and for the next few weeks) I'm travelling.

upload the large AND small version into data4.x/textures/upgrades/
remove the "_128" from the small version file name
and change the corresponing picture file name in /data4.x/master_part_list.csv for the reactors to the small picture

Thanks a bunch!
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Done. The first "reactor" is now the "waste recycler" unless someone comes up with a better suggestion :-)

Dan
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso