cockpits, as last

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

etheral walker
Elite
Elite

cockpits, as last

Post by etheral walker »

ok now I got nice proportions, no strange vertices, but normals seems inversed and textures don't draw ~>_<~.
i posted it on my ftp, should a devellopper have a look and explain me what 's wrong?
I see dead polygons....
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

As i explained before:
If you export a normal geometry to xmesh and use this in vegastrike it will look creepy (wrong faces drawn, etc).

The faces of a cockpit bust be sorted with a binary space sorting algorithm (BSP).
This is needed because the cockpit is drawn very often and slows down the engine if it isn't presorted. (hellcatv knows more about this).

I am currently programming an algorithm for the plugin, but it will last some time.

Maybe ask some people how they did make their cockpits.

Pontiac
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

ok then I will wait to export cockpits
I see dead polygons....
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

etheral walker wrote:ok then I will wait to export cockpits
Unfortunately that's the only way(=wait to export) i know, but please don't stop making/texturing the cockpits, they are just awesome.

Maybe there is a way to turn the ingame calculation of BSP on.
Anybody knows this?

Pontiac
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

no problem, I have a huge amount (1 cdrom) of textures, interiors, planes, weapons made on linux, while I was waiting to be able to use wings' full capacities on linux :). Plus I broken a leg yesterday (rugby ;) ), then be sure I won't let my computer alone !
To finish, might prupose your worm hole before the end of the day (gmt)
I see dead polygons....