My completed ship models...

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Paslowo
Mercenary
Mercenary

My completed ship models...

Post by Paslowo »

In a year or two.

First one the Tengel.
This one took me weeks to complete the skinning process.

http://edice.arvixe.com/images/tengelcomp.jpg

Cedecy asymmetrical heavy fighter.

I'm not exactly a perfect or professional modeler in anyway.

The model has no special effects because the snap shot was taken from Wings3D.

Next one to skin is the Rochok.

It might be a good 3rd party addon to the Vegastrike universe.

p.s. I predict someone is gonna call it a flying soap box or a remote control whatever.
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

You're quite a finicky texturer. Wish, I could be that patient. :wink:
I kind of like it. But...

The textures look too gridlike, and the cockpit is way too large. Given that this is small. It looks way too boxy to be an interceptor, and yet with the cockpit size, it looks quite small. Think "yacht" not "canoe".

Methinks the gilt edges could be indicative that this could be highborn?? JackS could be the judge of that. :wink: And the guns are not supposed to be mounted yet. :)
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
Paslowo
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Paslowo »

1. The models would look too boxy if the edges wern't chamferd. I chamferd them. See this model for an example:
http://edice.arvixe.com/images/tazelwip.jpg

As with the vessel not having a good shape to look like an interceptor, not all space vessels will look like a futuristic human style space fighters with a cockpit in the middle. Lets say some people in the game fictional universe may have good design concepts, and some other people have bad design concepts. And Cedey appears to have some kind of a bad design to it.

I did plenty of ship models in the past that have a cockpit a size of those canoes. See this:
http://edice.netfirms.com/shipdb/

Wanted to make this style a little diferent.

2. As for the textures looking too gridy, thats the way the ship's chassias texture is supposed to look like.

3. As for the cockpit sizes being too large, it's very nice to have a big room. Talk about a seat and a big room(see IDWAR)... and mabie mostly a small stick. Hay I might have a concept about that.

4. As for guns that arn't supposed to be mounted yet, there are a lot of old models I did that has premade build in guns. The things that look like guns on this model are actually just barrel where certain types of guns that could be mounted (INSIDE) the vessel.
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

I meant the cockpit size is too large, if this is meant to be a heavy fighter. A Heavy fighter should have comparatively smaller cockpit since it is probably as big as our current bomber planes. See the cockpit in those, they're small.

As compared to an fighter plane with large cockpit::ship ratio, if it is meant to be an interceptor.
A Step Into Oblivion

To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Paslowo
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Paslowo »

You know..

After watching the movie, Chronicles of Riddicks, I was thinking of something. No my ships will not be turned into capital ships but instead, my should could hold more than 1 person inside of these ships optionally.

Like between 3-6 people.
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

No, I didn't mean turn them into capships (I should get a slap on the head for my former mistake, sorry :wink: ).

I mean, imagine the true size of a starship heavy fighter/gunship. It's about as big or slightly smaller than a Boeing 747. :shock:

Carrier-based Interceptors would be slightly larger than a modern jet. Autonomous interceptors bigger still.

But anyway, sorry for nitpicking on that. :wink:
A Step Into Oblivion

To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,