Concept for small transporter...

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

rockstar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Concept for small transporter...

Post by rockstar »

Studies bored me to hell the last days and a lack of creativity made me fail progress on what I should work on. I spend some time at my drawing board and made some concepts... here's one I tried modelling.

It's a small transporter... military maybe or maybe not. Thought of moderate speed and agility, 4 weapon mounts (2 light, 2 medium), 1 medium turret mount and 1 special mount for tractor beam (not added yet). Loading ramp is meant to be on the front... just a concept anyways.

Last edited by rockstar on Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be lenient with my english skills... still using a dictonary. http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

loks like a clean mesh there rockstar i like that it's asymetric.

Enjoy the Choice :)
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

Looks great. I don't think the turrets/guns hsould be modelled along with the ship. I don't know about that. But I think it's has to be attached later. Now, comes the hard part, texturing. :D good luck.

it's already small and has a really cool shape, so it should be nice. looking forward to what it could be... :D
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
rockstar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rockstar »

You're right, Oblivion. The turrets are added external from the database. But as said I just "tried" to model a "concept". I did the whole thing 'cause I had an idea and I don't like to make compromises when I got one. :D
I've already started unwrapping the mesh and creating a texture will not be that problem 'cause I'm quite familiar with image manipulation programms. There are still a shitload of things I'll guess I have to fix.. maybe I have to redo the model from scratch to get better results.
Anyways thanks for the positive feedback... we'll see. Maybe one day this baby is flyable ingame :lol:

Btw. Oblivion, are you that quick with modelling or did you create a lot of models in the last years and now just lean back and release a "new" one each week?? :lol:
Be lenient with my english skills... still using a dictonary. http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

Anyways thanks for the positive feedback... we'll see. Maybe one day this baby is flyable ingame
It REALLY is great looking. But will reserve judgement until textures as in. As textures seem to be MY problem with models. :lol:
Btw. Oblivion, are you that quick with modelling or did you create a lot of models in the last years and now just lean back and release a "new" one each week??
:lol: Why would I model ships? The artemis freighter was done about a year after I got my PC and got 3dsmax installed (that's about 3 years ago). but since then, I've been mostly interested in Gundam-type robots. :) I've only started modelling ships with the my first concept the probe, then the turret, tehn the frigate. I finish a model in about 2 days. textures and all. Because if I work on it longer, I lose interest. I burn out. It's the problem with creativity, it gets bored easily. Teh battlecruiser was modelled after I gave up with the Sahadeva. Started just last wednesday. And started out with a chamferbox, and no plans as to what it would look like. :lol:

Believe me, I was aiming for a small utility ship and ended up with a capital momma.
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...