Need Artists!! Most ships redone, need weapons&playbalan

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Need Artists!! Most ships redone, need weapons&playbalan

Post by hellcatv »

Dear Everyone here...
The aera models produced by artists on this forum along with the new rlaan, terran, and some new Aera models done by Howard Day are now completed...

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/vega ... r?download

I need someone to become my 'Weapon man' and someone else to be my 'Playbalancing man' to test these in game and get them up to speed!

The artwork is mostly done--just needs some hacking in wings or with the texturizer to get everything in place....

then they need playbalancing and we're done.

This needs to be done before the next release...this is what I've been waiting for.
Thank you Howard Day for your remodelling...

and thank you artists and modellers who will help me make them final for the next release...
Last edited by hellcatv on Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
enlightenment
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by enlightenment »

Issues spotted so far:

1. The greenlight.ani animation directory is missing a greenlight.ani animation definition file.

2. The explosion_orange.ani animation has an abrupt break in the animation sequence at frame 015. The explosion moves from being centered on the lower edge of the frame to the center of the frame.

3. Many of the HUD ship images have white fringes which look very ugly when composited over dark backgrounds--e.g. empty space.

new

4. The subunits entries on lines 73 and 76 of units\cruiser\cruiser are missing closing their respective closing '>' characters.
Last edited by enlightenment on Wed May 21, 2003 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlyingAce
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by FlyingAce »

1 question. I've checked out the redone aera models, and none of them look like they could work with the new weapons mesh system. They all have some sort of hole or mount point built in.
Darkmage
Merchant
Merchant

n/m

Post by Darkmage »

that doesn't matter, just get them mounted up and ingame, vwep can be disabled until new weapon meshes/mount points are complete, I assume all of those meshes are still available in .3ds format?
scheherazade
Developer
Developer

Post by scheherazade »

i work in max, so the ones i made are in 3ds format.

but i'm not throwing out anything final till i have all the guns i wanted to make done.

and i'm rather busy atm wiht the galaxy map.

-scheherazade