Cockpit Idea / Blast from the past

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

zaydana
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Cockpit Idea / Blast from the past

Post by zaydana »

I just found an old image on my hard drive from the VS 0.2 days. Its a cockpit somebody proposed on the old sf.net forums we had before our phpBB ones. It actually looks quite good... Of course, it needs to be updated a bit for today's VS, but much nicer than the current however you want to look at it. A bit more color would probably be nice and all but anyway

Something as simple as this would probably be better than what we currently have... and the fact that the timestamp on this image is 2/11/2002 sorta says something about how long we've needed to fix the cockpit :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Heh, lookin' mighty old school!

Something like that could work... for a start you could try swapping out some images for the ones used in ph01's cockpit (a working implementation of a new hud).

Something with a little more color and legible fonts would be nice. You're looking at the HUD nearly all the time in the game; we ought to make it look good! :D
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

It rocks! Old-school or not. Anything but the current HUD. :wink:
So does this mean we'll be getting new windshields SOON? :D
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,