Splash Screens! Vega Strike Ad Agency :)

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Sorry Oblivion... how did I forget to comment on that?

The shaper thingy is an evolution of your previous shaper concept, right? The... "Shaper Beauty Shaper Perfection" thing?

It is, actually, a great improvement. Not the same setting, but a great splash screen. The only thing that makes it less likely to be a replacement and more a complement is that there's no shaper body. I want to see how they look like, from head to toe, though just the head (in this specific scene) fits great.

You used a pine-tree-skyshot as background... right?
Try using a full-body shaper in a similar setting, but straightshot (instead of upshot) - same oversaturated sky, and glowy background... same everything, except the angles.

If you have those two in a "splash set", I'm sold.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

:P Thanks Stakhanov. I confess. it's not hair at all but glow dust from some exotic shaper slug, when mixed with a certain variety of delicious red worms will produce the bright blue glow effects.lol

@Klauss
In a way its an evolution and a conformation to JackS' descriptions. He didn't specifically say violet irises in dark corneas tho... but I got the impression from his description of halfblood shaper children. So I'm still waiting for moi approval on that. :P

And no, its not pine, but it evokes a forest. An effect I find pleasing. Its actually fractal shapes... 8) , meant to highlight the shaper preference for living things...

Now the reason why I didn't make the body. it would be a bit too erotic, I think... ;) Shapers don't care much for clothes... and well.. how'd you feel about this gal dressed in twisty vines, flowers at strategic places...you get the point. :wink: Anyway, JackS expressly wished for an inkier shaper... well you might as well make a silhoette of a mannequin, none of the features would be discernible then. :wink:

:cry: I like the angle now tho... she looks like a dinosaur contemplating her next meal... and well.. i *sob* love dino *choke* :cry: saurs...

... :lol: okay. Will see if I can but no promises... I'm tired of shapers... maybe unadorned monks instead :?: :wink:
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
Stakhanov
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Stakhanov »

"Windows 3k is illogical"

"Peace and no bugs on your computer"
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Oblivion wrote:Its actually fractal shapes...
I noticed. Though with all that postprocessing, I couldn't tell for sure. Great work hiding it.
Oblivion wrote:Now the reason why I didn't make the body. it would be a bit too erotic, I think... ;) Shapers don't care much for clothes... and well.. how'd you feel about this gal dressed in twisty vines, flowers at strategic places...you get the point. :wink:
Haha... yes... I get the idea. I was thinking of a dressed one, like the one on the first picture, but if Jack says it's inaccurate... ok... I'll be happy with the head shot alone.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
geoscope
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by geoscope »

What, no Shaper erotica?
-- My days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

@geoscope
no Shaper erotica?
:lol:

A sheep is all that VS pilots need for erotic amusement, methinks.

Oh well.

@klauss

:P actually I was too lazy to make a custom background, so I tried fractals. lol. Anyway, will see what JackS thinks of it first.

@stakhanov

:? :? :?: ... I've seen roaches creep out of my CPU at times, once I saw a butterfly emerge from my disk drive. Needless to say, it got squished.. now my disk drive won't read CD's... :P
A Step Into Oblivion

To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

Actually all the splash screens that were yet uncommitted are in the svn as of today.
Pretty late, but better than never.
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

Cool! 8)

A Step Into Oblivion

To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,