New & improved flares!

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

hurleybird
Elite
Elite

New & improved flares!

Post by hurleybird »

You know that one flare artifact, on the right hand side, the half cirle, that one? well its darned annoying, so i decided to take it out once and for all. But then i was inspired to also improve the quality as well. Size of the flares has been increased to 512x512, and everything has been toltally overhauled. The result is beutifull, and actually makes for a fair bit of graphical improvement.

see for yourself:

new background, and new flare,

beutiful 8)

image gallery is down, so i had to upload to the vs site, this may be a potential "official screen"

anyhow, enough talking, down to business. Grab it here: http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/flares2.zip

and unzip to textures directory.

Enjoy! :wink:
Last edited by hurleybird on Mon May 19, 2003 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

heres another taste:

If VS looks this good now, then i CANT WAIT until the new models are all done; VS will be a thing of beuty. 8)
Last edited by hurleybird on Sun May 18, 2003 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

gallery

Post by ace123 »

hurleybird wrote:image gallery is down, so i had to upload to the vs site, this may be a potential "official screen"
Maybe this is off topic, but posting screen shots really should be working, or else there is no point of having gallery.

Hmm..do we need to reinstall gallery? It seems to work for me, although maybe uploading pics is broken :(

I really hpoe that we can get the gallery to work, because it is important that ppl can post their screenshots without having to find their own web space or having to get a sf account.
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

I tried the gallery, but the upload didnt seem to work.
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

Ok. Posted a secound version. This is the exact same except the edges of the images are now TOLTALLY black, before you could see "edges" when getting close. This now fixes that problem. Grab it here http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/flares2.zip (400KB)

enjoy!