Atlantia- Before the Dawn - New mod I'm modelling now

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

chrisdn
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Ryder

Post by chrisdn »

Sorry mate but I didn't know the protocol about posts in other threads...Chuck put me straight about it. As regards to whining when help is given then I think you have me wrong. I appreciate all the help I can get. Chuck has crossed me because I offered advice on his ship a while back and he bit my head off. Now he's doing the same thing to me with his hyper realism and it's not something I appreciate.

You have a shitload more experience than myself in modelling and texturing and genuinely love being steered in the right direction.

All I can try and do as far as software is concerned is get an 'original' 3DS Max or bite the bullet and try to use Blender.
chrisdn
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Truce

Post by chrisdn »

Chuck...think we should call a ceasefire...we come from 2 different schools of thought and that's just one of those things. I do genuinely appreciate your criticism but I'm trying to design this ship as something quite futuristic and I want to get it to a quality where it can be used for proper artwork with my book and if I have time build a mod around the story to use in Vega Strike.

I know your paasion for making things as realistic as humanly possible. I want to make things realistic but I want it to be realistic in regards to the future I'm writing in. 1000 years is a long time and who knows what the future will bring, I can only hypothesise on that future.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Re: Pissy match

Post by chuck_starchaser »

chrisdn wrote:Chuck...don't think about calling me a kid, sunshine. I'm a fully qualified 2nd engineer (have a look and see what that covers because you don't seem to know what one is)...What does a leccy know about mechanical pumps? Metallurgy??? Loads to do with it mate...and at the age 13 I bet you went into loads of detail in your studying and as for you being a programmer, I believe that's what your profile says you are mate.
Anyways, what I do is none of your business, but just to clarify, I taught myself C++ for the fun of it, and the programming I do for work is in Assembler. Few people call it "programming" anymore. And I sure think of calling you a 'kid' in terms of attitude. I only mentioned I was working in metalurgy at age 13 because you claimed I had no practical experience on anything, and that all my knowledge was theoretical. I never said that I was studying metalurgy at the time. But like I said, none of your business; just showing you how wrong your jabs at me are.[/quote]
Now you've mentioned you're a leccy it explains alot...
Sure pal, you got me all cut out and framed...
As for putting your views on other people then try not writing in a condescending, I know everything manner.
Look who's saying it; mister "I know astronomy, I know thermodynamics, I know ... I know... I know.... I'm qualified 2nd..."
As for Hard Science Fiction then I guess what I'm writing isn't your kind of Hard Science Fiction but it fits into what I class (and what many other people I swap notes with on writers.com) as Hard Science Fiction.
Fine, go with your definition, whatever it is. But if you tell me that you write hard sci-fi, without giving me your definition of the term, you may face the fact that I would take that statement to mean what I understand to be "hard sci-fi". I'm not telepathic, you know?
By the way...have you ever worked on a Wankel pump or engine? or even a centrifugal pump? How about working on a gas turbine? or steam turbine? How about refrigeration plants (not the electrics or control systems)?
Almost all of the above when I was young, and yet none of your business. Have I ever asked you what work you did? And you call me condescending?[/quote]Have a look to see what marine engineers are qualified in...it took me 9 years of studying to get my 2nd engineers ticket, that study time doesn't include the seagoing experience you have to possess to get
the qualification.[/quote]And he calls me "knows it all"... This must be the 10th time you talk about how 'qualified' you are...
Your argument about aeorgel...it obviously isn't something you wanted to use as you had your heart set on armour plates ...if its so crap then please tell me why future NASA craft have plans to use to absorb impacts from micro meteorites? Guess that they're wrong and you're right eh?
You've yet to make ONE good point, Mr knows it all. And here you are putting words in my mouth. What's new? I never said aerogel would not be good for a shield. Did I? I was merely asking Zeog (NOT *you*) what was the deal with it. But then you decided to interject and boast your infinite ignorance in qualifications sauce, and try to explain to me what the deal was with aerogel, and what I said was simply that what you said didn't make any sense (namely, that it "doesn't EXPLODE, like metal does"). I never criticized aerogel; I only criticized a charlatan talking about aerogel.[/quote]
You havew a bit of an attitude and if you are 48 years old then I advise some self help course to learn how to work in a team or to collaborate ideas.
Look who's talking about attitude. Keep giving me advice, and I'll start giving you advice, pal.

EDIT:
chrisdn wrote:Chuck...think we should call a ceasefire...we come from 2 different schools of thought and that's just one of those things. I do genuinely appreciate your criticism but I'm trying to design this ship as something quite futuristic and I want to get it to a quality where it can be used for proper artwork with my book and if I have time build a mod around the story to use in Vega Strike.
I know your paasion for making things as realistic as humanly possible. I want to make things realistic but I want it to be realistic in regards to the future I'm writing in. 1000 years is a long time and who knows what the future will bring, I can only hypothesise on that future.
LOL, after so many personal attack, suddenly a peace offer. Maybe you just thought you had the last word... Too late, I'd already responded. Sure, peace now... :D
chrisdn
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Glad you've vented your splien

Post by chrisdn »

Glad you got that off your chest mate...offers hand

Electrical and mechanical have never seen eye to eye...bit off the oil and water mix