Explosion mod

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

enlightenment
Mercenary
Mercenary

Explosion mod

Post by enlightenment »

Here is a drop-in replacement for the standard VS explosion anim. IMO it looks a bit better than the stock explosion, but you be the judge. :D

1.6MB http://www3.sympatico.ca/gcircle/fireballanim.zip

Made in a few hours using Lightwave 3D.

Comments?
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

oooh do you think you could make different explosions for the different races?
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
enlightenment
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by enlightenment »

hellcatv wrote:oooh do you think you could make different explosions for the different races?
I can do varients pretty easily. Did you have anything specific in mind?

What I don't have, however, is the web space to host more than one anim clip at once. If you're looking for additions to use in the release I can email them to you or something along those lines.

On a related note, do you have a todo list for graphics/texture upgrade tasks that aren't already being handled? I'd like to try my hand at redoing some of the graphics shots but I'd rather not duplicate the dev team's efforts.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

we should cook one up at the wiki

I already downloaded that one explosion

if you make a sourceforge.net account you get unlimited space and can then copy stuff into /tmp for me to grab...which has 280 megs of space

you'd hvae to use SCP to get stuff to sourceforge--which is a free program for windows and comes with unix or mac

we need a new jump animation instead of the stupid circle we have

note that any animations must be powers of two:
that's 256x256 or 512x256 or 512x512 or 128x128 or so forth...nothing in between the powers of two

just leeting you know

good luck
feel free to remove what you posted beforfe
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

I haven't tried it in-game yet, but it looks pretty darn good!

I look forward to seeing more of your work! : )
enlightenment
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by enlightenment »

hellcatv wrote:if you make a sourceforge.net account you get unlimited space and can then copy stuff into /tmp for me to grab...which has 280 megs of space
I'm already on Sourceforge; userid 'chenshaw'. I've haven't done much of anything with the ID as of yet, however. I gather I have to be added to the VS developers' list to be able to upload into the project hosting space?
we need a new jump animation instead of the stupid circle we have
Made up something along those lines tonight. 50 frames of something that looks vaguely like lightning inside a sphere.