Replace the horrible nav map!

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Replace the horrible nav map!

Post by hurleybird »

Any takers?

I know that gemini gold has a cool looking nav map, so im sure it can be done.
CoffeeBot
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by CoffeeBot »

My biggest issue is that it's very hard to distinguish objects that are close together, and the ambient lighting issue.

Some kind of filtering should be able to be applied in order to weed out extraneous information on the map -- If I only want to see planets and bases, get rid of ships and jump holes.

I don't get why the console is rendered in 3D. Doesn't my ship have interior lighting? Or, at the very least, a small light above my console? It gets hard to see the map controls depending on your orientation to light sources. Plus, I would figure it's easier to just include a 2d overlay that looks 3d - not to mention less usage of system resources.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

You don't have a light on your cockpit.
It was too expensive, and your funds limited.

It was like: Hm... cockpit light or laser gun... hm... or shields... nah... better have a gun.

Besides, schlimazel always preferred sleeping during autopilot sequences (as opposed to reading a book), so there was no use for the light.

j/k, somehwat: there is no cockpit light, but there should be one.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe