Model won't load

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

prolog
Hunter
Hunter

Model won't load

Post by prolog »

I've been playing around a little with wings3d, just because screwing around with ships is a lot of fun. Anyway, I made my first model (this monstrosity). I added the Vegastrike plugin for wings3d, created the xuint/xmesh files, etc. Then I created the .bfxm using mesher, updated units.csv, and then finally updated an old savegame to have scout.bxfm as my ship. I tried loading the saved game, and the game crashed - no error messages, apart from the standard Windows one when an application crashes.

Is there anything obvious that I'm doing wrong?[/img]
Current rig: Refurbished Robin
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

The only possible thing is that you added the ship 'scout' rather than 'scout.bfxm' to the units.csv file (ie similar naming convention to the others in the file). In that case, you'd want to add 'scout' to the save game rather than 'scout.bfxm'

Otherwise, your stderr.txt and stdout.txt may help give some more infomation :-)

Dan.a
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso
prolog
Hunter
Hunter

Post by prolog »

I used the exact same naming conventions as were used in units.csv. Unfortunately, it seems I'll have to take a look at stderr. I come from a mostly-Unix background, but I'm using Windows to run Vegastrike. Do you know how I might get at this information in Windows?
Current rig: Refurbished Robin
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Ya, it's outputted into files stderr.txt and stdout.txt in vegastrike's data dir :-)

Dan.a
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso
loki1950
The Shepherd

Window's stder stdout location

Post by loki1950 »

@prolog stderr and out are in /Vegastrike-0.4.3/bin hope this is useful :)

Enjoy the Choice