Ship models

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

petteyg359
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Ship models

Post by petteyg359 »

Going through the Wiki I see a bunch of ships that have no models. Is this just in the wiki, or are those ships not in the game either?

I have been drawing out a few designs on paper while bored at school, and just now realized that maybe VS could use some of them. What's a nice (easy to learn) 3D modeler program for Linux (I deleted Windows last week)?
Athlon XP 2700+, 1GB RAM, 500GB combined HD, 6800 128MB
tiny paintings
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by tiny paintings »

Most ships/stations that are in the wiki (http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... tallations) still need models, and many that are ingame are in need of replacement.

Wings is very easy. It doesn't do NURBS and fancy stuff like that, just subdivision modelling (which is usually good for low poly modelling).
Blender is nice too, it comes with more advanced features as well as a steeper learning curve.

If you can, post your concepts before modelling too much. jackS is the man who decides what goes where, if it goes anywhere... and if any changes are to be made. He's presently on vacation, though...