planets, stations...some ideas

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Gurney
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

planets, stations...some ideas

Post by Gurney »

Played again for a few days and thought about what might still need some improvement and where i could maybe be able to contribute some work of my own (if you like the idea:)
Stations, Ships (where you can dock) and Planets should be - for my taste - still much more individual. The existing ones are pretty neat, i really like them - it could just be a lot more different ones, right? (and thats work for sure). The game is getting nicer and better all the time, maybe the time has come to work on some of the details.
I'm myself a design student in the netherlands, work a lot with markers&paper still but i like to use computers to give things like graphics a "final touch"... The question is if still stuff like station interior etc. is needet? I read topics about a sort of 3d-station interior, but is that planned for sure? I still try to get a bit behind how the actual versions interior systems are built up (and what i have to do to add stuff there and play around with it)
Maybe someone who already worked on that stuff can give me a few tips.
Hope i didn't miss a topic where that stuff is already explained :) but still i'd be interested in the actual status of that development and what the future will approx. look like
tiny paintings
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by tiny paintings »

I'd say go ahead! There's been much talk about 3D base interiors but I doubt it will be implemented any time soon, if it ever is (I've seen no endorsement from the developers either, so it's up to the community to code it, I guess). But, of course, you shouldn't take my word for it :)

WRT the technicalities: No idea. But if you can't figure it out, just send in the artwork and someone that knows how will fix it - under the assumption that it's really cool stuff, of course ;)