Cargo Barge

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

zaydana
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Cargo Barge

Post by zaydana »

I got reallly bored... so i started making this. Wasn't originally for vegastrike, but i thought what the hell... may as well post it here just in case it fits in with something jackS wants. If it fits in how it is atm, i'll give a shot at texturing it.

Basic idea with this ship is that it is modular... There are back/front pieces (huge engines), blocks of cargo, and a bridge. The bridge attatches to one of the blocks of cargo, and you stick the engine pieces on the front and back. Then you get some sort of space tug to align this thing to where you want it to be pointing. You put full throttle into the back engine till it runs out of fuel or u get half way there, then you put full throttle on the front engine until you are at your destination.

Note: this ship isn't intended for docking :) It'd need some sort of shuttle to do that part.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pifactorial
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pifactorial »

I like it - it's very realistic. Two problems, and neither of them are yours:

1) I don't know if there's a spec for a ship like this in the game. Then again, I'm sure the ship specs aren't written in stone. We'll need to see what JackS thinks.

2) It sounds like you might find these ships with different configurations (different numbers of cargo modules, different bridge position, etc.) Although that would be really awesome, I'm not sure if the engine supports it.

I for one think the game needs this ship, or at least one like it. I imagine they would be the primary prey of pirates, though :wink:
Nózmájner
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Nózmájner »

Nice ship.
I think, the fixation method of the containers is a bit weird. Maybe something like a frame mesh:
So, all containers get a frame, and the frames are connectable to each other, and to the ships strutting.
zaydana
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by zaydana »

yeah that could work. modular, remember? :) I dunno why i made the containers connected in the way they are... i was probably thinking volatile goods or something so when one goes, they don't all go. but meh... ur idea probably is better.