Wings 3d help

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Wings 3d help

Post by Guest »

I have a model of a ship/rocket. It is made of a cylinder, a sphere, and other meshes. How do I unify them so I don't have unseen vertexes etc. People in the wings irc weren't able to help, but I've heard it mentioned here.

VEGASTRIKE! :D
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

I know how to do that in blender. I also know wings has a "weld" command that attempts to join objects into a single mesh, but it was giving me problems (at least in the export to obj phase) after I tried to attach an engine pontoon to a jet fuselage.

And that was very cleanly set up, too. I wouldn't hold much hope for it combining spheres with cylinders, or the like.

If I were you, I'd seek help in one of the wings forums (look on the wings site) and look over the documentation. If you don't turn up anything, you might have to get blender in order to perform this operation.

Also, you don't strictly have to have a unified mesh in order to put objects in vegastrike, since multiple xmesh files can be appended to a single bfxm. See my HowTo:Add Ships article on the wiki for more information.

Post by Guest »

Oh I made it originally in blender, how do I do it in blender... also in wings how do you enter commands?
tiny paintings
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by tiny paintings »

Bridge is a nice feature.

You have a menu of "commands" that you reach with your right mouse button. They are different for each mode (face, vertex, ...).
Nózmájner
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Nózmájner »

With Blender, try union boolean operation. In fact it's result will be most likely very messy.
Or try the Megabool script. It will most likely give you a better result. (the megabool_r12.py is the newest.)