Hammer remake

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Shadowmane
Trader
Trader

Hammer remake

Post by Shadowmane »

I saw in the wiki that you wanted a new Hammer design, so I decided to give it a try. Its in the preliminary stages at the moment. When I was thinking about the design, I thought about the hammerhead shark. Granted, the swept back look isn't in either a hammerhead shark, nor does a hammer look that way. Perhaps a mallet. Dunno. Lemme know what you think.

I'm not very good at texturing, so I'll need a texture artist to take it after I'm through touching it up. That might take a while, since I have a busy schedule, and only get on the net when I come to my dad's house, or when my studio gets together for a work day every other Saturday.
tiny paintings
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by tiny paintings »

I like the basic shape - it does look like a hammer in the first picture.
Do you have anything planned for the rear? Something more going on there would add to the ship IMO. Engines do come to mind...
Also, I think it looks rather smallish - isn't the Hammer larger? I'm no expert on that subject though, just my two pennies.
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

The "Hammer" moniker didn't come about because it looks like a hammer. The ship was originally an LIHW produced model called the "Toad" - but due to extensive ISO use, it became colloquially known as the "Hammer".
Shadowmane
Trader
Trader

Post by Shadowmane »

With the cockpit, I was thinking heavy fighter. It should be big, but not THAT big. One, maybe two occupants.

I saw that about the "Toad" thing. Maybe I could approach it that way. Hmmmm.... ribbit!!!
Shadowmane
Trader
Trader

Post by Shadowmane »

Okay, I'll do the toad thing later. Here's some renders of the ship with engines. Granted, it looks unpolished and ugly, but it gives you an idea of the general shape.