Making a ship...

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

Really Nice!

Don't add weapons to your models though. In VS, each weapon has its own seperate static mesh which attaches to a designated mount location on the model.
Flowers Of Naivety
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Flowers Of Naivety »

Ah... Ok well then I will take the weapons off.

Wow I really didnt think my stuff was THAT great... But I am glad you all like it...

I will also fix those engines for ya Spirit.

Oh and one more thing, I just found out about Freelancer... I am downlaoding it right now. What do you guys think of it?

*Update

Heres what the Seltek looks like now. No guns and concave jets... Now I don't know what a Seltek looks like, so tell me if they are wrong.
"The flowers of naivety, buried in a layer of frost"
Concept Artist at: www.reteb.hlgaming.com
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Sorry, Steltek technology is secret, you'll have to play the Privateer or WCU mod and find out for yourself.. :D
zaydana
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by zaydana »

nice work there FON ... erm, one thing you might want to consider tho is using the attatchment feature of our forums instead of uploading stuff to other sites - the connection seems to be a bit slow on the one you are using atm.
Flowers Of Naivety
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Flowers Of Naivety »

Hmm imageshack usually isnt slow... Especialy considering the size of the images...

Ok well I geuss I will try the attachment stuff here.
"The flowers of naivety, buried in a layer of frost"
Concept Artist at: www.reteb.hlgaming.com
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

It looks great!!!!!

Steltek ships (as far as we know, we only saw three) end up looking like they're made of a single piece of material, they're very fluid, have no sharp edges, and their thrusters and gun ports glow green. The body tends to be grey and very shiny.

Earlier designs tried to imitate that design with fine metalwork, (see the drone) while later designs actually ARE made out of one piece of something (see the scout).
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
smbarbour
Fearless Venturer
Fearless Venturer

Post by smbarbour »

zaydana wrote:nice work there FON ... erm, one thing you might want to consider tho is using the attatchment feature of our forums instead of uploading stuff to other sites - the connection seems to be a bit slow on the one you are using atm.
Do you intend for FON to post the pictures to the galleries here since we can't attach files in this forum?
Forum Footer wrote:You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
I would think that imageshack would be better since that reduces the bandwidth needed for the forum.
I've stopped playing. I'm waiting for a new release.

I've kicked the MMO habit for now, but if I maintain enough money for an EVE-Online subscription, I'll be gone again.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

FON, I sent you a private message several days ago. Look at the top of the screen.