ShoCkwaVes *slow learner class* making ships in VS

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

I forgot:

texture1=PPL, actually. It functions as specmap when reflection is disabled. If reflection is enabled, in 0.4.3 it modulates the envmap (so that only portions of the mesh are reflective). After the patch, if configured in vegastrike.config, the PPL will also be a specmap. It made sense to have both in the same texture, since reflectivity is related to specularity. But if you need separate textures, perhaps we can think of a way to do that.

Anyway, texture1 does both: define places where the material has specularity, and also where it has reflectivity.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
smbarbour
Fearless Venturer
Fearless Venturer

Post by smbarbour »

For purchasing ships, you don't need additional factions. You need to do two things to make something purchaseable:

1) Add the appropriate entry to the master_part_list.csv. Feel free to make up whatever category you want your ship to be in, but if you use an existing category, you will have less work in step 2.

2) Add entries to units.csv in the cargo_import field for EVERY unit that you want your ship to be purchased or sold. If your category is starships/Imperial/Medium and you want the price to be at the value in master_part_list.csv with no variance, with 10 ships in that category available with a variance of 2 then your entry would be {starships/Imperial/Medium;1;0;10;2}.

The engine will automatically drill-down the categories in the purchase screen. That's all there is to it. (I've made the Unknown Behemoth in the regular Vega Strike purchaseable this way. You could fly the Steltek drone in WCU like this too. ;))

EDIT: It looks like you were editing the master_part_list.xml file instead of the csv file. The csv file needs to be changed. I think the XML file might be what was used to generate the csv file.
I've stopped playing. I'm waiting for a new release.

I've kicked the MMO habit for now, but if I maintain enough money for an EVE-Online subscription, I'll be gone again.
ShoCkwaVe
Trader
Trader

Post by ShoCkwaVe »

smbarbour wrote:For purchasing ships, you don't need additional factions. You need to do two things to make something purchaseable:

1) Add the appropriate entry to the master_part_list.csv. Feel free to make up whatever category you want your ship to be in, but if you use an existing category, you will have less work in step 2.

2) Add entries to units.csv in the cargo_import field for EVERY unit that you want your ship to be purchased or sold. If your category is starships/Imperial/Medium and you want the price to be at the value in master_part_list.csv with no variance, with 10 ships in that category available with a variance of 2 then your entry would be {starships/Imperial/Medium;1;0;10;2}.

The engine will automatically drill-down the categories in the purchase screen. That's all there is to it. (I've made the Unknown Behemoth in the regular Vega Strike purchaseable this way. You could fly the Steltek drone in WCU like this too. ;))

EDIT: It looks like you were editing the master_part_list.xml file instead of the csv file. The csv file needs to be changed. I think the XML file might be what was used to generate the csv file.

thank you that was very helpful,

and yes, I stopped playing until a new release is out.

Hopefully there will be added less complex & better capabilities
I really like this games overall feel.

Cheers.
*Play Vega Wars Mod*