teaser pic...

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

strangelet
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

teaser pic...

Post by strangelet »

muhahahhahahhahahhaaaa!
- - above and beyond - -
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

nice nice nice!! what is the size of your textures maps?
I see dead polygons....
strangelet
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by strangelet »

the big brown job in the foreground is the game-ready version of the pirate capship, renamed the Ironangel Ishmael.
thats a faked detail texture map on it - simply a techy texture applied at 50 per cent opacity using the same uv map but scaled down 30 times. i think vs can do detail tex... i HOPE it can...

the lil yellow ships are Ironangel Stoic LH class modular freighters.

in the background is zaydana's chehrrhhrhhhrrryh station, my problem child. i did a uv map on it but i'm not really happy with the results.

its build in such a way as to be really subtly awkward to map. lots of slight angles that make mapping some parts impossible. i could have mapped it if i'd have built it because i'd have mapped each piece before it was manouvered into place.
i'm reluctant to take it apart or rebuild it cos that would be a pain in the arse...

the tex on cherryh is a new "not dingy" paintjob i was trying out. but i found out the dinginess was masking some real flaws in the mapping so its back to the pasteboard with that one.

all tex maps are 1024x (i build them at 2048x but realistically 1024x is how theyre gonna be viewed for at least another 2 years, if not much smaller)
- - above and beyond - -
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

amazingawesome
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/