Fractal Alien Landscape Pack

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Fractal Alien Landscape Pack

Post by charlieg »

http://opengameart.org/content/fractal- ... scape-pack
These landscapes in this pack ... are intended to serve as epic backdrops. Each image represents many hours of tweaking forumulas and staging photoshoots, typically taking about 8 hours each to render on a high end rig. Hopefully they'll be of use for scifi projects looking to integrate some HD artwork into their game.
Image Image
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Fractal Alien Landscape Pack

Post by loki1950 »

THX charlieg could be useful.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

Cool.
I got used to Mandelbulber output by now enough to recognize it in unknown patterns on a thumbnail with but a glance, however. Is it too bad? ;)
Looks like deviantArt has a category with subcategories and several groups (FabulousFractals, Fractal-Forms, AllThingsFractal, #FracMan deviantART Gallery ) for fractals and fractal-like art (given possibilities of use in filters and procedural generation of many 3D modelers, there's no "hard" boundary).
Ladies, gentlemen, fellow arthropoda and others, we are facing...
Image the Mandelbulb Invasion Force! :twisted:
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
Primordial
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Primordial »

Would you guys use Terragen II renders for landscapes as well? I have a bunch of old earth-esque ones lying around I could donate.