Asteroid base stereotypes

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

gonzo
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Asteroid base stereotypes

Post by gonzo »

Looking around vegastrike and other sci-fi/game pages, I've noticed that the most common type of asteroid base seem to be a more or less tiny rock with a base the same size clinging to it. I would like to see some bigger ones like this one from "Space 1999" (Awesome serie!).
moonbase-alpha.jpg
Another bigger picture:http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3416/3499 ... 4655_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Asteroid base stereotypes

Post by klauss »

Um.... planets can have sub-units. I wonder if it would work, pegging a "asteroid base" as a subunit of an "asteroid" planet.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
gonzo
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by gonzo »

klauss wrote:Um.... planets can have sub-units. I wonder if it would work, pegging a "asteroid base" as a subunit of an "asteroid" planet.
That's a bit beyond me. I'm thinking of making a more conventional "game asteroid" and just make it bigger.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

Yup. I wonder how subunit placement works in this case, though.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter