Making a model? Have questions? Ask in here.

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Making a model? Have questions? Ask in here.

Post by pheonixstorm »

IF you are thinking of starting a model but have question try a search first. If that fails, ask away in this thread. After awhile this thread should have whatever answers you are looking for that hasn't been included in the wiki.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: Making a model? Have questions? Ask in here.

Post by TBeholder »

There are some bugged models, usually slightly (e.g. Derivative was turned backwards, and Quicksilver is off-axis). Much the same with mount models - there are many, most have wrong scale or orientation, and easily fixed.
How to go about fixing them?
Especially given that bfxm isn't a text format.
Create a thread and attach a fixed version for each like with ships from scratch?
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

TBeholder wrote:There are some bugged models, usually slightly (e.g. Derivative was turned backwards,
Are you sure that is still the case? Last I recall, the derivative was flying in the correct direction.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

The operative word is was and yes the direction has been fixed ;) It's one of my favorite ships so I noticed.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Yeah, best to create a thread and attach. Not sure if it should be a single thread or a thread on each model though..

As far as corrections... Look in the svn repo for the master model files. Failing that you might be able to use mesher to change from bfxm back to obj and make fixes.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

Yeah, mesher with "-addwhatever" and "-flipwhatever" seems to be the simplest approach. If only i knew how to actually swap one axis with another in it, too. On the bright side, mount models are simple and about as easy to remake as to fix.
And for multi-LoD? They won't get messed up after going to obj and back, or it's better to split into xmesh, then re-add on conversion back?
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

TBeholder wrote:And for multi-LoD? They won't get messed up after going to obj and back, or it's better to split into xmesh, then re-add on conversion back?
From my experience, LoDs will be bunched up on the obj and it will be a mess. It should be fixed perhaps.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe