Making a model? Have questions? Ask in here.

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Making a model? Have questions? Ask in here.

Postby pheonixstorm » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:36 pm

IF you are thinking of starting a model but have question try a search first. If that fails, ask away in this thread. After awhile this thread should have whatever answers you are looking for that hasn't been included in the wiki.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Topics: 113

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg

Re: Making a model? Have questions? Ask in here.

Postby TBeholder » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:19 am

There are some bugged models, usually slightly (e.g. Derivative was turned backwards, and Quicksilver is off-axis). Much the same with mount models - there are many, most have wrong scale or orientation, and easily fixed.
How to go about fixing them?
Especially given that bfxm isn't a text format.
Create a thread and attach a fixed version for each like with ships from scratch?
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Topics: 38

Postby Deus Siddis » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:02 pm

TBeholder wrote:There are some bugged models, usually slightly (e.g. Derivative was turned backwards,

Are you sure that is still the case? Last I recall, the derivative was flying in the correct direction.
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Topics: 13

Postby loki1950 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:07 pm

The operative word is was and yes the direction has been fixed ;) It's one of my favorite ships so I noticed.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 18/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and DELL E6400 4GB ram/100 GB HD Mint 17.3 6
loki1950
The Shepherd

Topics: 51

Postby pheonixstorm » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:21 pm

Yeah, best to create a thread and attach. Not sure if it should be a single thread or a thread on each model though..

As far as corrections... Look in the svn repo for the master model files. Failing that you might be able to use mesher to change from bfxm back to obj and make fixes.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Topics: 113

Postby TBeholder » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:53 pm

Yeah, mesher with "-addwhatever" and "-flipwhatever" seems to be the simplest approach. If only i knew how to actually swap one axis with another in it, too. On the bright side, mount models are simple and about as easy to remake as to fix.
And for multi-LoD? They won't get messed up after going to obj and back, or it's better to split into xmesh, then re-add on conversion back?
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Topics: 38

Postby klauss » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:31 pm

TBeholder wrote:And for multi-LoD? They won't get messed up after going to obj and back, or it's better to split into xmesh, then re-add on conversion back?

From my experience, LoDs will be bunched up on the obj and it will be a mess. It should be fixed perhaps.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
klauss
Elite
Elite

Topics: 55

Return to Content Vetting