Ox model update

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: Ox model update

Post by pheonixstorm »

Good enough for me. I'll gather up some info and see if I can't make a new sticky for potential graphics gurus.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by travists »

klauss wrote:Ya, they're good as-is, and you can probably go a bit higher for stations if they're really big and you can do submeshes (so that each section is LODded independently), but it's a guideline for top lods. You need lower-poly lods because onboard GPUs (I'm thinking all intel up to sandy bridge) don't have good vertex processing capabilities.
I have noticed a tenancy among some to assume that everyone is running a gamer setup. While I am not advocating ignoring the high end, it is a free game and as such appeals to those without large amounts of liquid funds. Such individuals are unlikely to have the latest and greatest. LODs seem to be needed with the current poly counts and/or fix the traffic patterns. Anyway, the new Ox is looking good! Now if only it had a little brother between the Ox and Mule...
Gungnir
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Gungnir »

Which of these looks better? I'm somewhat partial to the bottom design, but they both work.
~Gungnir
segfault wrote:if I was actually in space I'd totally be throwing on autopilot and relaxing in the back during the trip, sipping space wine and listening (rlaan?) jazz.
Rig: i5 2500k @ 5ghz, 2x OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD boot drives, AMD Radeon HD 7950 @ 1100/1575 (Catalyst 12.1 Linux and 12.3 Windows), dual-boot Fedora 16 KDE and Windows 7 Pro
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by travists »

I can't see enough of a difference to matter. With or without a spot on the front of the center engine pod?
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

I think the cargo pods are a little more rounded on the bottom model. So I would say the bottom.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo