Midway step in refactoring trade

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

chuck starchaser
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Re: Midway step in refactoring trade

Post by chuck starchaser »

Bundles sound good.
So, each planet type maps to a bundle type?
As far as matrixing, the other solution is to NOT matrix it...
Just doing a search of nearby systems by following the jumps a couple of levels deep, or until a base of each given type is found.
Just like the flyweight pattern trades speed for memory.

EDIT:
Never mind; I thought this was for local use, where the player is... This is about simulation of global trade, right?
If so, sounds like there's a problem.
Hmmm....
Well, maybe the nearness of other planet types could be computed on first run, like map generation, and stored in the planet files; then economics simulation could simulate one single system per 11 Hz sim frame; and to avoid aliasing perhaps the system at each sim frame could be picked at random.
chuck starchaser == chuck_starchaser
had to create new id because the wiki would not see the underscore... Programmers...
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

chuck starchaser wrote:Never mind; I thought this was for local use, where the player is... This is about simulation of global trade, right?
If so, sounds like there's a problem.
Hmmm....
Well, maybe the nearness of other planet types could be computed on first run, like map generation, and stored in the planet files; then economics simulation could simulate one single system per 11 Hz sim frame; and to avoid aliasing perhaps the system at each sim frame could be picked at random.
Yep, global trade. I was planning to use coroutines for that.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by travists »

chuck starchaser wrote:Well, maybe the nearness of other planet types could be computed on first run, like map generation, and stored in the planet files
This is my thought as well.
chuck starchaser wrote:then economics simulation could simulate one single system per 11 Hz sim frame; and to avoid aliasing perhaps the system at each sim frame could be picked at random.
Are you thinking recalculating the system the player is in 11 times each second or at a 11hz tick recalculate a new/random system?

The way I had it envisioned was to do a per planet check only once a "day" like the end of day commodity price reports.