Aera Capship Design

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

-REBEL3-
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Aera Capship Design

Post by -REBEL3- »

I was thinking about Aera capships recently, and noticed that there wasn't a style guide for them. Here are some ideas I had for a general "look" for the Aera capships:

Capships have hammerheads. The design provides a bit of a tactical advantage-I can't find the link discussing this, but I will post it later. :oops:

Capships are *relatively* flat. Things like Rlaan ships can look like big cylenders. I believe that Aeran capships should be relatively flat in regards to their size. If you have some massive carrier, it can be somewhat fat. However, it should not be a massive cylinder.

That's my two cents for now, I will post more when I think of it. :wink:
Ares
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Re: Aera Capship Design

Post by Ares »

Believe it or not, there are actually designs unofficially specified. i proposed a design and a 3D mesh for a carrier for the Aera last year, and was promptly told it didn't fit there decided design. apparently there cap-ships look nothing like there fighters. My concept looked a bit hammerhead ish, but it appeared i was the only one that thought it would make a good addition. I'll dig up a link to the thread if your interested.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: Aera Capship Design

Post by Fendorin »

here the "most" advanced and recent topic about aera capship :
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... =4&t=15056