Sound

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

yuzienborn
Explorer
Explorer

Sound

Post by yuzienborn »

I am a newbie open source contributor, but an experienced 3d designer and audio producer. I can't seem to find the section of the forums for vetting sounds and audio.
Please direct me :)
As long as i'm posting here is my plan:

The KRUNG sound as your ship takes hits quickly becomes obnoxious when falling into the role of the bounty hunter. When taking hits that your sheilding barely even notices, it seems wrong. It is a great sound, but is not all-purpose.

I would like to design 6 sounds, and see if they get through the vetting process.
Light, medium, and heavy shield damage.
Light, medium, and heavy armor damage.
I think the current KRUNG sound is perfect for hull hits.

I suspect I would have to find a coder that would implement the case or ifthenelse. But, like I said, I am a newbie open source contributor.
Do any of you have any direction for me?
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Re: Sound

Post by Turbo »

Welcome, we need you. Go here
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... m.php?f=29
and scan the discussions that have gone before, and jump right in with your ideas and work.

As for your idea about shield hits, I think it's a good one. I'm a voice actor though so I'm not sure how easily it could be done on the engine side.
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.