Escape Pod

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Escape Pod

Post by rivalin »

I was messing around with a simple model in an attempt to learn to texture properly, and it didn't turn out too badly. It's meant to be a new escape pod or something. I'm guessing the current model for the escape pod is pretty old so I thought a new model might be in order, are there escape pods for every faction or just the one? I was thinking of maybe doing some others for different factions if this one was liked. I dunno, maybe it's just tat but I thought I'd post it anyway :)

loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Escape Pod

Post by loki1950 »

Not bad the parts look like they actually have a purpose :wink: And i like the idea of differing faction variants at the least racial ones to accommodate there physiognomies but i am not sure if the engine will support them all properly or if it only supports the one generic version.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

personnaly i like this escape pod

-it have a better look than the one in game
-the current Escape pod can be Factionnalized by texture????
if yes this one should be human and have a different color per faction no?
and other mesh could be create per kind of "body", Rlaan...Area...etc

@Rivalin
Does it means now you know how to unwrapp and create paint texture???
rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rivalin »

@Fendorin; thanks, but I'm still not very good at either, it's just that on very simple objects the automatic unwrapping in Modo works quite well :)
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

@Rivalin

I m sure in Modo (i don't know this software but i suppose) you could Stick/sew your automatic unwrapped mesh
for create a bigger island without any seams
BTW you will learn with the time ...