REINDEER Merchant Guild Cargo Shuttle [NEEDS INTEGRATION]

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

REINDEER Merchant Guild Cargo Shuttle [NEEDS INTEGRATION]

Post by rivalin »

Made a rather mediocre ship but I thought I'd offer it anyway, it's meant to be a medium cargo vessel, maybe a couple of hundred metres long.

ImageImageImage

http://www.box.net/shared/b42slb53fl
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: new ship

Post by loki1950 »

Now find one of the concepts in the wiki that may match :wink: I do like it but let's make sure it fits.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Nice concept! Unpretentious, detailed, well balanced.
If it's not a requested model from the list, standard practice is to propose a ship, and discuss your vision for its
combat role, armaments, dimensions, crew, and what faction you envision it for, if any; I'd say it looks klkk-ish
to me; then the Minister of Information (JackS) reviews the proposal. It's always better to do a requested ship
rather than to come up with a new one; but if the proposed model is good it will probably be accepted.
One thing Vegastrike is striving for is the inclusion of retro thrusters, for decceleration, most of all; but also
vertical, lateral and maneuvering thrusters.
rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rivalin »

Thanks guys. As I said, it's there for whatever it's needed for, or if it isn't needed that's fine too. I've added some retro thrusters as suggested, but I really don't want to do any more work on it, so it's here if it's wanted.

http://www.box.net/shared/b42slb53fl
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Well, I saved the file; and if it doesn't get used in VS, it might find itself in the WC universe, in PU ;-)
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

it's realy nice ship design

and the "class" of this ship should be between the mule and the lama? (this "betwenness" class ship is missing in VS(UTCS))

do we need to unwrap it or
@rivalin could you unwrapp it???
maybe with a few time my life left me i can make a texture if you want?
rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rivalin »

Thanks Fendorin, yep it has an unwrap but it's awful, and I don't know how to unwrap manually :( . If it does get a decent unwrap though then yeah, it would be great if you could texture it.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

it happen something strange :

When i tryed to see the texture map into blender3d : on the "3d panel for working" i can see clearely but when i press render for control the glow map
all the ship are like grey "no materiel"

@Rivalin could you try to use some of your time for stick some of uv island with the modo software? it could be helpfull
more the part are stick most you can control or do a large "drawing" on the ship

thank
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Hello

Here the WIP texture, tell me if it's something like that you want for this ship.

next time just don't bake your AO on your diffuse but provide a 2 map it should be better for select the sparse island .
rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rivalin »

Yeah, that's looks great; that's pretty much the sort of thing I was thinking of, lots of decals making it look like a commercial ship etc. Sorry about the AO bake I hadn't thought that anyone would be up for texturing it :oops:
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Hello

-The Way you did is very good is just th AO should be bake on white Texture and ad later on the final diffuse color (By P.S or GIMP) .
-One way could be perfect: just color your model by high contrast (easier for autoselect inPS or Gimp) and unwrapp like you always did.
-The bad(calling that less perfect) point with automated unwrapp : it is difficult to did some "without stripe/pattern" around mesh.

Maybe you could do the Galahad?
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75 ... xplain.jpg
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Hello
Here the Texture i did over the Rivalin's ship: DivShare File - MH_Fendo_TEX_PNG.zip
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

Superb job, both of you!
Too bad, jackS not around to try fit it into one of the outstanding vessels. If not, what' syour thought on the faction style it could fit into?
Anybody wants to give a try on the integration?
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Maybe it's could be the CMT Reindeer

*picked from the wiki page*:
Role Summary: Cargo shuttle
Role Details: Cargo vessel
Combat Behavior: Unarmed. Optimized strictly for cargo transfer. Will flee or surrender
kraehe
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kraehe »

Moin Fendorin,
Fendorin wrote:Maybe it's could be the CMT Reindeer
I'm missing this vessel, since I first read about it in the Plowshare fluff. So it would be in size of a Plowshare, or a bit bigger.

ciao,Kraehe
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

It looks like it is too big to be a Reindeer but too small to be an Elephant.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

then it should called MOOSE !

if it's so bigger for be Reindeer for the size, i supose 3 longer time more than the ploshare; is consistant:
look the draw:
Mets
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Mets »

I don't seem to have a reindeer or elephant unit, have these not been made yet? I too read the reindeer segment in the Plowshare description, but I don't even think I have a file for it.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

It hasn't been integrated into the game yet not even approved lots of ships on the pending list :wink:

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
SCghst1
Merchant
Merchant

Post by SCghst1 »

Looks like a giant dildo :P sorry. very nice work though i like it alot
~VS Forever~
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

SCghst1 wrote:Looks like a giant dildo :P sorry. very nice work though i like it alot
Always a possibility when designing ships not the first time it's been commented on :lol:

Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Per email PM Jacks had some comment over this previous artwork i wanted publish it.
Bulk Cargo - I like how it looks, but I'm not sure what ship I want it to be yet, let's keep this topic on the list of things I need to review
Thanks and give it continuation please mr JackS

Last bumped by Fendorin on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:33 pm.