Forsaken Relay Station ( now every body can make a station)

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Re: Forsaken Relay Station ( now every body can make a station)

Post by charlieg »

Fendorin wrote:i will try but for be honest isn't my first task on my todo list ( but something like ad/trailer isn't a stupid target.)
i will try but to be honest it isn't my first task on my todo list ( but something like an ad/trailer isn't a stupid target.)
Fendorin wrote:Help me to improve my english don't let me be ridiculous with a 3 year old english : when i write english please say me where i m wrong (if i m wrong ) thank
Help me to improve my english, don't let me sound ridiculous with english like a 3 year old : when i write english please tell me where i'm wrong (if i'm wrong ) thanks
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

the Confed Basic stockyard was texturing i will provide the Station mesh AND later the set of the sparse pieces
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75 ... kyard3.jpg
With the Sparse pieces set , you will be able do design easier your confed complex station; all (borings thing) was already made, it will be easy to copy past the componemment of the stations

maybe we could begin to separate the differente kind of cargo's factory: -factory for commercial goods, -factory for Minning equipement,...etc it will be nice to see different factory produce different goods:

and a mirrored effect
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Great work!
That's what we're planning for PU when we open the map to the Sol sector, btw: Many types of factories made up of a limited set
of sub-units. That's the way to go.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

for illustrate the concept i did a Resupply and Repair confed Station :
it'seems :i need to put some more little window for render usefull the little componnement, then the set soon!!

without "split edge disable" tips:
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

You know what you should do, Fendorin? Make that box into a unit of its own, and commit it to the /subunits folder; then include it as a sub-unit
in various stations. This would have the advantage that you could CineMutize it once, and then all instances would display shadows correctly, no
matter how they are oriented.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

great idea perhaps i will devellop this idea on the Aera base, but some clarification should help me.

-the boundy box need to be the same for each componement? Y/N?
-could we put a subunit on a subunit Y/N?
-never multi uv map inside Or mirrored object mesh except if it's no emboss or black color? Y/N?

if you are more recommandations please write me.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Fendorin wrote:great idea perhaps i will devellop this idea on the Aera base, but some clarification should help me.

-the boundy box need to be the same for each componement? Y/N?
Not sure what you mean by boundy box; well, I suppose you mean "bounding box", but still don't know if you're talking about the shield mesh or what.
In any case, a sub-unit is like a unit. Think of it as a ship that you attach to a base at multiple locations via units.csv, rather than in Blender.
If the subunit has a shield mesh, then each instance will have its own shield mesh.
-could we put a subunit on a subunit Y/N?
Yes; ad infinitum. :)
-never multi uv map inside Or mirrored object mesh except if it's no emboss or black color? Y/N?
Not sure what you mean by "emboss".
If the diffuse AND specular colors of something are both black, then the thing doesn't interact with light in any way, so things like normalmap, AO and PRT's are irrelevant for it.
In a large station, you may have a lot of tiny details, like cables or thin pipes or frames or hex nuts, that if you try to unwrap them, even at a single texel width per face they would take a large chunk of your texture, so it's a good idea to make them pitch black. Then you can throw them all on a "black pile" in the UV map, and then shrink that whole pile to zero size, for good measure, and put it in a corner out of the way.
Also, when I have the UV layout done for a model, and afterwards I feel like the model needs more greebles or details, I just make the new details black so I don't have to reorganize the unwrap; and I just throw them into the black pile.
But there's another case of things that could be black in diffuse AND specular: Lights. Lights are black in diffuse and specular but have color in glow.
So, you can pile up all red lights in one spot, all green lights in another spot, all blue lights in another spot, and so on; AND you can also shrink each of those piles down to a single texel, so they take up the least room in the UV layout.
if you are more recommandations please write me.
(English correction: "write to me" means send me a (hand-written) letter; you wanted to say "tell me" or "let me know".)
No further recommendations that I can think of, right now.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Hello ( thank for corrected my bad english)!

i post the Forsaken "parcell" i will post the Sparse piece soon ( i need to separate all pieces i lost the original file ...oups..)
2 Station : 1Research and 1Commerces
They need integration and i tried to put some blink light,
for the size.... i m not sure but maybe 3 km lenght for the commerces one (the big one) and 1 km for the Research?
For the JackS Idea about make a "Earth-mother Station" i should make it untill i will have more different "style" mesh pack (more than 5) i have already 2 (then miss 3 other "Sparse piece"
The parcell:
DivShare File - FORSAKEN_civilian_modular station.zip

and just for present to you the new "utility" of the forsaken station :

i called that the -Mining Asteroïd Extract field-

Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

By Email Jacks comment the Artwork over this post:
Modular stations - more excellent work! This will go a long way to improving how stations are built and how they look
Then what we should to do ? could we put it in SVN??

@Deus siddis do you finalize your asteroid integration??
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

Fendorin wrote:@Deus siddis do you finalize your asteroid integration??
I am afraid not. I think I might have gotten mesher to work, maybe, but the end result I produced with it didn't render in VS with any textures at all. I don't know why. Content pipelines are such shitstorms.

I probably should redo the uv layout for the asteroids anyway, their current layout is very sloppy and wasteful.

Anyway, the procedural textures are complete, so if you send me the asteroid model you are/want to use, I can texture it real quick for you, or otherwise send you one or more of my already textured asteroids, whatever you want. Just let me know which of texture or textures you want the asteroids to have?