Two ship's proposal, if matches any description

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Nózmájner
Mercenary
Mercenary

Two ship's proposal, if matches any description

Post by Nózmájner »

Well, here come to ships I made durring summer work, since it was kinda boring. To b honest, theye were more like a workflow experriment, then a real project.

The first one is a small messenger or something, fast with few arms, and atmosphere capable. (Retro thrusters can be shieldel during re-entry). I've drawed it during work, and then I modelled and LOD-ed her.

Képfeltöltés.huhttp://www.kepfeltoltes.hu

Te second one's a small freighter, kinda like a small truck. No atm capabilities, but decent manuvering in it's class. It's designed in a small blob of sintetic clay I made from a cheap rubber, and also during boring work.

If any of them accidentaly matches any ship description, or can be used in any form, then tell me, and I send the models.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Very nice ship

maybe this 2 ship could be ULN?? the color is good and the color cockpit too

the first could be the -Baronet

and the second a ULN a new civilian light transport we could call it: Csikòs?
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

Description for the Baronet:
Uln military vessels have been greatly improved by the establishment of trade with the major powers. They still, however, tend to be much less impressive than their counterparts. The Baronet is more a utility fighter than a superiority fighter - it gets used in roles ranging from interceptor to assault, doing none of them exceptionally well, but none of them exceptionally poorly. This is important for the Uln, who are often strapped for resources. The Baronet derives its versatility from relying heavily upon its missile loadout for offensive impact. Acceleration curves are good, and armoring and shields are sufficient for surviving fighter engagements, but at the cost of a limited energy surplus, requiring much lighter non-missile weapons than would otherwise be preferred.
At the end it's for jackS to approve.

Csikos not being one of the official ships, it could still serve as a _citizen i.e. private craft.
Nózmájner
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Nózmájner »

Thank's

I never really thought they could be used. :D

Anyway, to prepare them for inclusion, I'd like to ask for some help about any requirements, like about UV layout, Normal-map and so. The computer I use at home is not a champion of speed, and I haven't got any installed VS on it, so I was unable to experiment with those stuff ingame. But now I'm traveling back to school town to my good old machine, so I can work on those stuff properly in two days or so.

And also about texture sizes: which size do you recomend? Right now they are in 1024x, since that's more then enough to chew about for this computer, but can I use 2048x for such small ships?

Oh, and Fendorin: which language is that "Csikós" (sorry, but we only have this kind of ó here) is in? Because it means "wrangler" in my native.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Sorry for the ò and

Csikos here is a name we call your horse keeper just in your country
Then is not a mistake ( the name hade a good sound)
if i propose this name is just because when you watch the ULN name
all come from to a level of rank of lord (duke,baron,baronet....)

then because is a civilian ship i should have this kind of name
a name of worker and the horse was very important for lord, or knight

Wrangler, cowboys, is not so stylish and not so original

and your country have a long history with the medieval time
also i remenber CSIKÔS and propose it

but if you have alredy a name i let you propose and cancel my proposition

i beg your pardon if i offense you

thank
Culture20
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Culture20 »

English titles for horse keeper: Groom, Hostler, Equerry(French), Constable, Stablehand, Stableboy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groom
Nózmájner
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Nózmájner »

No offense at all! I just tought, that it's in some other language. And I like that name. Anyway, the correct spelling is "csikós" with that kind of "ó".
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

I wouldn't mind seeing the first model in a pinnace/launch role - as a small, atmosphere-capable craft launched from larger vessels when the need arises to conduct business planetside in person.

Maybe I just didn't see it, but I didn't see where cargo would be attached/inserted for the second model. For craft doing local cargo moving it might be nice to see co-designed cargo containers and craft specifically for moving said containers. These could then (at some later point in engine development) be seen pushing/pulling around containers at depots and stations.
Nózmájner
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Nózmájner »

There's a cargo bay door on the belly of that ship, and a larger airlock on the rear between the four engines. I've not really designed that ship for bulky containers. More like some kind of a van, not the type you make millions of credits with it.