RAVEN Forsaken Superiority Fighter

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

Just a thought. Maybe... give this model to smaller variant — call it, say, "Jackdaw", and make Raven somehow more massive ?

BTW, what exactly Raven concept is ?
As i see it, any Forsaken fighter (save light interceptors) must have some scavenger slant, i.e. large (for its class) hold and at least 1 ready Special mount (for tractor scoop), thus being able to double as a fast (Hit'n'Pick'n'Run) counterpart of Hyena, because
1) they're Forsaken and always keep one eye on any resources other than asteroid ore and ice, and
2) presumably it's called Raven for some reason. ;)
Also, Special mounts are good for autocanons. Add rocket pods, but no missile pylons. Because non-guided kinetic weapons (being low-tech) are rather cheap but provide good salvo power which makes superiority fighter class.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

For the Raven... it looks a little too good as is Smile
I'm imagining the Forsaken trying to copy the Duelist design, but finding out that some of their necessary parts to do so are too big in various places, causing the hull to have to be adjusted in less aesthetically elegant ways to accommodate them.

But... if this is too much work to do to redo it as two different models, then let me know and I'll just have it just be one or the other.
then i see in 3d to do list the concept for raven need to be improve???

but maybe i misanderstood the JackS post
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

Fendorin wrote:
For the Raven... it looks a little too good as is Smile
I'm imagining the Forsaken trying to copy the Duelist design, but finding out that some of their necessary parts to do so are too big in various places, causing the hull to have to be adjusted in less aesthetically elegant ways to accommodate them.

But... if this is too much work to do to redo it as two different models, then let me know and I'll just have it just be one or the other.
then i see in 3d to do list the concept for raven need to be improve???
but maybe i misunderstood the JackS post
What jackS is saying (important parts in quote are highlighted in bold) is that the Forsake not having that advanced technology cannot make such a beautiful ship.
Means:
* keep the general shape
* make it more bulky (to hold bigger ship components than the Duelist)
* maybe make some larger bumps go out of the smooth hull shell

If this is too much work for you, please say so and jackS will reconsider if this ship is Raven or Duelist.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

oh thank for the clarification..