back from the dead! and i've got something for ya...

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Ares
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

back from the dead! and i've got something for ya...

Post by Ares »

EH, too tired to fix the link. i return with the successor (a distant relative) to my old pirate ship. This is a very early concept image. tons of work to be done.

Backstory: The Luxury spaceship was a creation for the richest of the rich. and even still it went overboard. from the onset it was designed to move a massive number of the galaxy's most influential species and customers in safety and unheard of speed. From day 1 the ship was over budget. this was considered acceptable though considering the amount the customers would be paying to take it.
the prototype and first of the class set benchmarks in nearly every category it was the fastest large vessel currently in production, nearly twice as fast as even most combat cruisers and at nearly the size of a Clydesdale at that. it could carry dozens of species in there respective environments and could do so for long range trips as well.
Except when production began hardly any company ever bought one, there were dozens of safe alternative choices at a fraction of the cost. The H496 as a example while notable smaller was a comparative bargain. The company was desperate to save the ships production after loosing nearly all of it's customer base by the absurd price, and the terrible PR image they had gotten by pirate and very shady factions using there long discontinued Hidalgo class for all sorts of unsavory acts.

Luxury features were reduced considerably, the massively overpriced reactor and engines were swapped out for notably cheaper and easier to maintain ones, and a nearly completely stripped out cargo version was introduced. Production was thus staved and PR image restored.

The luxury transport is still highly sought after for trips and maintains itself as one of the nicest ways to travel. While still quite fast for it's massive size, it packs modest defensive firepower. no offensive.

The cargo variant can consume massive amounts of cargo and is reasonably priced as well. also worth noting are the less powerfull engines it maintains but it is still quite speedy. Defensive firepower is excellent for it's massive size. no offensive.

Both ships have quite efficiently worked there way into boring galactic life after there turmoil of initial launch.
Ares
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Ares »

Ok yes it isn't very good, when i get home later i'll show ya what else i'm working on...
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Quit with the teases already :wink: guess i can wait till you get home 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2