Propose KNIGHT interceptor (ULN)

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

Having both, the ship mesh and the shield mesh, in one blender file would make things easier in case a re-export or some other source change is required.

As for the blender settings on texture export, I hope chuck can help here. Maybe his updated blender texturing tutorial has some info on that.

Btw, your Knight is being committed to svn right now. She's a beauty.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Fendorin wrote:next time say me if you prefer i put the shield in the same .blend files?
Damn, I never heard about the shield. So the shield is a mesh that has to be provided? I always assumed it was generated by the engine...
if somebody (Chuck) could help me for that:

the good setting in blender for each map?:
-Specularity( the color of reflexion):set*: spec & Csp? mix
-shininess(the quantity of reflexion):set*: hard? mix
-diffuse/damage: set*: col? mix
-Glow: set*: col & emit? lighten+enable use alpha?
-bump/normal: set*norm? mix down to 0
*SET: means push the button

i am right??
I think you're roughly right; and I don't know I remember all the settings myself. I don't use them, as I don't care to render in Blender with textures. I think specular is just csp.
Shininess is right, but remember it gets multiplied by the Hard setting for the material. In any case, the current shaders don't use the shininess you provide; and Cinemut uses a very non-linear function from your setting. But if you're providing shininess just for testing the look in Blender, go for it.
I think glow is col, emit and Add instead of mix; not sure.
I can't help you much right now because Blender is baking radiosity for the Hammer; may take a few hours.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

is a "lighten" give a nicest effect than add
Last edited by Fendorin on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.